Project Y Knot

spd500

Since I still have the Kona this one is going to be a budget build . I will be looking for just about everything to put it together if anyone has parts laying around . I need BBC rear mount , gauges , steering , stringer mount hot foot , shifter , interior , just about everything but the hull and pump .

spd500

You use a BBC rear mount for the LS . This one is going to be a twin turbo big inch LS , and the kona is staying the way it is other than thru transom headers .

customtouch

SPD said:
You use a BBC rear mount for the LS . This one is going to be a twin turbo big inch LS , and the kona is staying the way it is other than thru transom headers .

Thought you said BUDGET!!!........ Of course you didn't say how BIG of a budget!!!! LOL!!

spd500

LOL , as much of a budget as these kinds of things can be  :smile30: I am going to go with used parts for what I can and try to keep the cost down so I can afford to do the motor a little bigger  :smile13:

spd500

I got back to work on the boat a little bit today . Got a little sanding done . I am planning to pull the old rotten stringers out of it and get serious about it in the next couple of days .

Devilman

SPD said:

I gotcha...cool.... :smile17:

spd500

I finally got a little motivation and got started tearing out the old wood and getting some sanding done on the boat yesterday . I think I can have it ready to glass in the new stringers , transom , and bulkhead within the next week or two . Then it's time to glass up a bunch of extra holes and flip it to get the bottom ready for paint . I have a few ideas on paint , but have not really decided what I am going to do with it yet .

spd500

I can say for sure that I really like the weather the past few days for grinding on fiberglass .  It sure beats doing it in the summer time and having all the dust stick all over you because you are so sweaty . With a jacket and a pair of gloves I don't even get itchy at all .

jimbo

Just a heads up. If you are pulling the stringers out,it is a good idea to support hull on the corners and get it off the trailer bunks! If you don't the bottom will have a tendency to hook. But then again it probably won't go fast enough to make a difference. :shocked:

spd500

I will support the back of the boat and all that good stuff , but this boat is most likely going to have a hook already . I am going to flip the boat and check out the bottom when the fiberglass work is all finished , if there is a hook I will fix it .

spd500

I know it has been discussed a million times , but I am too lazy to dig through a million threads to find the information . Who has the best price on fiberglass and resin ? I plan on using poly resin , I know that there are differing opinions on the epoxy/poly debate , I don't care about that . The boat was built with poly and that is what I am going to use . So , without the debate of the best product to use , where can I get the best price on the resin and glass ?

spd500

:smile16: crazy.gif :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile18: :smile17: :smile29: :smile28: :smile27: :smile26: :smile25: :smile25: :smile24: :cool: :smile22: :smile22: :smile22: :smile22: :smile22: :grin: jump.gif :rolleyes: :sad: :evil: think.gif bling.gif crazy.gif :angel: :smile17: :smile16: :smile15: :smile15: :smile15: :smile15: :smile20: :smile23: :azn: :azn: :smile23: :smile20: :smiley: :smile14: :smile15: :smile13: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :grin: :smile16: :smile16: :smile16: :smile15: :smile16: :smile15: clap.gif whatever.gif :smile22: :smile21: :smile20: :smile19: :smile18:

ChryslerJet

SPD said:
:smile16: crazy.gif :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile18: :smile17: :smile29: :smile28: :smile27: :smile26: :smile25: :smile25: :smile24: :cool: :smile22: :smile22: :smile22: :smile22: :smile22: :grin: jump.gif :rolleyes: :sad: :evil: think.gif bling.gif crazy.gif :angel: :smile17: :smile16: :smile15: :smile15: :smile15: :smile15: :smile20: :smile23: :azn: :azn: :smile23: :smile20: :smiley: :smile14: :smile15: :smile13: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :grin: :smile16: :smile16: :smile16: :smile15: :smile16: :smile15: clap.gif whatever.gif :smile22: :smile21: :smile20: :smile19: :smile18:

I think all that hair dye has drove him mad

spd500

Lol , no . Mattie wanted to help me type my own post and instead I let her make a post here in my own thread so she wouldn't jack up someone elses thread .

ChryslerJet

SPD said:
Lol , no . Mattie wanted to help me type my own post and instead I let her make a post here in my own thread so she wouldn't jack up someone elses thread .
Yeah excuses excuses we all know the truth

:smile24:

Ya could have opened up a new topic call it Matties Thread.  Hmm maybe we could have a whole section call it Just for Kids.

think.gif

Devilman

A seperate section won't work. They tried that awhile back when creating the Ladies Lounge for people like you & Spd, but ya'll never use it... ahahahaa  :grin:

ChryslerJet

Devilman said:
A seperate section won't work. They tried that awhile back when creating the Ladies Lounge for people like you & Spd, but ya'll never use it... ahahahaa  :grin:
whatever.gif

Speaking of kids I haven't seen Crusaders Kid around here since the GF moved in it seems.

spd500

I thought the ladies lounge section was renamed to "chrysler restore" or some such nonsense  crazy.gif Went and looked again and sure as shit it's still there . Hasn't been posted in for almost three years though .