557 Build

txliberator

I agree Bobby, that's the way to go. I have always used the snap-on version of this
index.php

Always worked ok but the max bore size is 4.375" which happens to be my current bore size, it was a challenge.

Gold Member

Yeah that's the same one I was using and my bore is 4.440! I should have stopped and ordered one but I was trying to make Tawakoni.  crazy.gif

ChryslerJet

Gas-Hole said:
The fit to Piston ones are pricey but well worth the money! and the multi size set works really well also, prolly more value in one of those sets if you are gonna be in a bunch of different Motas, and believe it or not, the wrinkle one works pretty good also, the only major draw back to it is that is comes unlatched everytime after the piston slides out of it. but for 10 Bux it works well.

the continuous band style should be against the law!  :smile15:

I have used both the 2nd and 3d style and haven't had any issues with them.  Although I prefer the approach motorcycle engines take.  Taper out the bottom of the cylinders to fit the rings and slide the cylinders down over the pistons, no ring compressor necessary the tapered cylinders compress the rings and the pistons slid up into the cylinders.  So much easier to do.  I do prefer the wrinkle to the continuous band though as it seems like there is less friction and the continuous band sometimes will try to fit down into the bore and get off kilter.

sturat

Hate to hear it Bobby.. Hope it is an easy and cheap fix for you.

Need to have it up and running for mid Januray test and tune down here in Htown.

Becket

Motor Head said:
One of these will be in my tool box in the near future.  :smile30:

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-900-4400/
Thats the Animal right there, Can't go wrong using that  :smile16:.