557 Build

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
EOSpeed said:
BOBBY WE PUT THE 3/4 GROVE BEARING IN THE TURBO FORD. SPEED PRO MAINS AND CLEVITE H SERIES RODS. THEY HAVE BE IN THER FOR 3 YEARS. USED FEL-PRO 1018 HEAD GASKETS WITH ARP STUDS. WE HAVE HAD THE HEADS OF 4 TIMES AND USED THE SAME ONES. I CANT GET THE CHEVY TO DO THAT. SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE A GOOD BUILD GOING.
You can put that one in my Hawaiian! I wouldn't complain a bit! :smile30:

EOSpeed

BOBBY HOW IS IT GOING?
                                                                        :smile17:

Gold Member

I had a pretty crazy weekend so I didn't get to go to my buddy's machine shop to finish file fitting the rings but I'll jump back on it when I get off work. I have been spending more time checking stuff than putting it together. Found out that my pushrods are way to short with the new roller setup.  :smile15:

EOSpeed

THE BACE CIRCLE IS SMALLER. CHANGE ONE THING AND IT CHANGES A HALF DOZEN MORE. 3/8 HOW LONG? I MAY HAVE SOME.
                                                                              :smile25:

Gold Member

Thanks Gas-Hole.

I finally got all the rings filed and on the pistons. Now that most of the time consuming stuff is done things should go quicker. I should have the pistons in and the cam degreed in tonight.

Gold Member

I checked it again tonight and to get the geometry dead nuts I need 8.450 so I should have them Friday. The pistons are in and the cam is degreed in. Waiting on pars now. hurry.gif

Gold Member

Ok guys it's crunch time!  I should have the block sealed up ready for heads and intake tonight. Hopefully valve springs will be installed and pushrods in tomorrow so I can finish tomorrow night.
Keep your fingers crossed! hurry.gif