557 Build

jimsplace

Great news that it's completed.  Now that your done, what are you going to do with all of your spare time?
See you there.
      :smile17:

Crusader

Motor Head said:
It's alive and ready to dig!!  :smile17:

I saw the pictures over on FaceBook....great job Bobby....can't wait to see and hear that Ford beast come to life and take a few names!!!!!!

Gold Member

Well all and all I'm happy with the new motor. I need to check into the puff of smoke out of the right header on start up issue and I still don't like what the oil psi is doing at wot. It was running pretty good in the cove Friday. I even beat a few boats but that good air sat got me. By the time I re jetted everyone I wanted to run was getting off the water so I didn't get to see it full potential.

Gold Member

Thanks patch. It would have  been  a lot better on the big end if it didn't have to keep easing off the throttle because it was lean and timing being off since I messed with it before I rejetted  trying to compensate for the lack of fuel. Not one pass was out the back door sat. I would was 3/4 throttle by half track to keep from hurting anything.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I was waiting for that run what you brung pass, but it will fly when you have it dialed in! :smile30:

Gold Member

Well it was smoking pretty good out of the right header sat. So I guess I messed up a ring putting it together with the wrong ring compressor? I'm going to figure out which hole or holes it is and pull it to fix it. Oil pressure problem was fixed by adding two more quarts.

txliberator

Motor Head said:
Well it was smoking pretty good out of the right header sat. So I guess I messed up a ring putting it together with the wrong ring compressor? I'm going to figure out which hole or holes it is and pull it to fix it. Oil pressure problem was fixed by adding two more quarts.

Easy to do and it SUCKS!! I chipped a second ring when I put mine together! I would have missed it had my little brother not been there, he picked up a sliver off the deck and said WTF is this?!  :angry: Next time I will borrow a good compressor! Glad you solved your oil issue.

Becket

The fit to Piston ones are pricey but well worth the money! and the multi size set works really well also, prolly more value in one of those sets if you are gonna be in a bunch of different Motas, and believe it or not, the wrinkle one works pretty good also, the only major draw back to it is that is comes unlatched everytime after the piston slides out of it. but for 10 Bux it works well.

the continuous band style should be against the law!  :smile15: