Work Continues On The Glastron

Last Mohican said:
I believe Stacy is pointing out that the engine is forward facing and driven off the crank snout instead of the flywheel.  That would change the direction of torque twist in relation to the prop... except then wouldn't he need to run a reverse prop?  s***.  Now I am confused.  I will stick with the jets and sit in the corner with my mouth shut on this V-drive stuff.

ya got ya... I did say propeller torque... All a jet has is engine torque... in a jet I don't think it matters much until you get to very high HP and Torque, it does not have the added and more pronounced effects from a propeller such as paddle-wheel and torque. In the application where the engine is forward facing and driven off the crank snout... unless the motor runs backwards or the gearbox reverses the direction I think this application would use a left hand rotation propeller. A left hand rotating propeller is going to push the Port sponson up and the Starboard sponson down... thus the driver sits on the Port side of the boat... likewise the reverse is true of a right hand propeller...
Port goes down... starboard goes up.... anyone wanna guess where the driver sits?
Want to talk about twin screws next?

ChryslerJet

Yay this is now the BS thread instead of the CJ thread being the BS thread.  CJ thread will have some more updates on it this weekend too.

blazeracer

Looking at these two tomorrow. One will probably follow me home...

The Cheyenne is $10,500 less motor with some real nice parts.
The Banshee is $10,500 turnkey. My pics say Scorpion, but it's an Advantage Banshee. Very high quality splashes.

Both are heavy lay up and will make excellent lake boats. Both could explore turbo LS territory...

Oh, a Glastron pic to keep it alive!!!

ChryslerJet

I say go with the Banshee, you can always sell the motor at the end of the season and build the LS motor to put in it for next year.

Although the colors of that cheyenne are nice.  I agree with Kona though less money in the turnkey boat.

KONA77

Crusader said:
He's got a Corvette motor ready to crop into the Cheyenne....

crop or drop,  lol ,  well then go with the boat that is the best shape over all....  there that's good advice  :smile16:

Devilman

The turn key boat would be awful tempting, but all said & done I'd take the Cheyenne. It is a Cheyenne after all. :smile17:

I say that based on the assumption the condition of each boat is pretty balanced anyway...

Crusader

Devilman said:
The turn key boat would be awful tempting, but all said & done I'd take the Cheyenne. It is a Cheyenne after all. :smile17:

I say that based on the assumption the condition of each boat is pretty balanced anyway...

Common sense speaking loud and clear right here!

KONA77

Crusader said:
Devilman said:

Common sense speaking loud and clear right here!

not you went and done it,  no living with him now...  lol