V-drive tunnel hull

HellinnFrnt

KONA said:
Q,  is that a true V-drive hull or has it been converted,  just asking because of the plate under the boat  think.gif

blast plate ... alot of them have one ... well ... most of the GOOD ones have one better check yours Kona ...  :smile26:

mark55

That's an Eliminator Scorpion. I've only seen one other in person that was rigged as a v drive. The rest were bad performing jets.

There are some specific setup dimensions that you could compare to see if it's in the ball park.
I set mine up to those and it's worked great. Mine's a 21' Daytona so your engine may be slightly farther ahead for a 20' boat.
Back of engine plate to inside of transom I have 24"
Back of transom to end of strut barrell I have 19 1/2"
Propshaft angle 8 degree.
A 11" x 16 prop has worked well for me.
I have a two blade and a three blade both the same size.
The one on that boat looks real big diameter.
I don't know that the cleaver is what you want on it either.

I don't know about that particular boat but the tunnel hull vdrives usually ride real nice in rough water.

Since I had my boat I have changed everything from the front of the engine to the tip of the prop shaft.
As I added power I changed gears up to the 60% I have now. I have a set of 65% to put in before spring.

If you're ever interested in selling it give me a call.
Mark 616 813 7237

duanehydro

Mark sent me a video of his ride...I had seen it a few years back, just forgot about it...what a beast....I found a few more vids as well. NICE ride, Mark55  :smile30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzQHEwRqxBA

I'm bringin' Brech (new owner, tunnel) with me Saturday to meet all you feller's. He ought to get a kick outta things. He's been to a hydrofest or 2, just without a boat.

jimsplace

Actually. removing the screw thingy resolves the problem of the prop being below the rudder.
It would be safe now.
    :smile17:

beaverfab

Was at the Dr. office Friday, tried to call you but no luck no voice mail I will be in my shop Sunday working on a v drive call me. Thanks j.j.

duanehydro

beaverfab said:
Was at the Dr. office Friday, tried to call you but no luck no voice mail I will be in my shop Sunday working on a v drive call me. Thanks j.j.
Thanks, JJ, I was doing yardwork without phone, sorry.

duanehydro

Alright! another one ready for the lake! Got the rudder problems ironed out, replumbed,  new seals all around, engine back in, custom 2 blade worked stainless prop by Ron Hill..bigger carb....results later today...... :smile16: