V-drive tunnel hull

duanehydro

Ok, guys...need some help here....this boat is now in Victoria, owned by an old friend....he bought the boat unseen...the boat is very nice, floor is awesome, before I state anything about the setup and such, I'd like you guys to check it out. :smile30:
This boat to me looks exactly like a baker tunnel, thoughts?

He was told it was a 1 off hull, it is potato chip on the cap, but strong on the bottom.... think.gif

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    682.6 KB · Views: 457

beaverfab

I am sorry but I would not get in this boat, I feel it very unsafe. From your picture the rudder is shorter than the prop not safe. There are other things if you would like please call me. j.j.

73 Sanger Flat

Duane
I would also be worried about using those headers like that , what going to stop the water from coming back up in the heads on a hard shutdown ?? I do not see any flapper on the exhaust , plus I would not trust my engine to thsoe rubber flappers..

duanehydro

Well, my buddy bought this thing without asking me, and it's here, bought and paid for, with texas tags already...Came from sacramento area, he has seen the boat run, and the previous owner says everything worked fine. "of course".
I'm sorta stuck with making it work and safe. First things first, gotta pull the powerplant and address the rudder. Go from there. :smile24:

jdeaton

Looks good to me, put Henry in it He'll drive anything, and he still has his safety equiptment.  LOL

ChryslerJet

easy fix on the headers flip them side to side and upside down and make them OT headers then plug the holes in the transom.

KONA77

Q,  is that a true V-drive hull or has it been converted,  just asking because of the plate under the boat  think.gif

Devilman

I have pictures of two  v-drive tunnel hulls and both of them have I guess what you would call a small cav(itation?) plate right there in the center. They are movable/adjustable on both of them, versus this boat which appears to be a fixed plate. Not sure if that means anything or not, just throwin it out there. One boat is Mr. Eddie Hill's old Sleekcraft tunnel v-drive & the other is a 21' Liberator or Daytona, don't recall which, and belongs to a guy on Performance boats goes by Unchained if I remember right. Has a bigazz turbo motor in it.

KONA77

just asking,  the plate goes further than others I've seen before,  maybe it just there to reinforce the bottom for the massive hp

duanehydro

We're not sure, randall. It looks to me like a baker, or scorpion, hin numbers are painted over, title says fineline, and it's 20.6 ft.