Toys for Tots toy drive Boat & Car show 2013

73 Sanger Flat

It was a good turnout and a lot of Toys were collected .. We all had fun . See you at the next one .. There will be a Toys for Tots in Granbury on Dec 7th . I will post up info later on it . Thomas Myers is a local car racers that  sponsors it ..
Thanks again for everyone that help organize this for the Toys for Tots

73 Sanger Flat

From Gas Monkey Bar and Grill facebook page ..Love the  shot from the roof that some one took ..

Attachments

• Toys fro Tots.jpg
    Toys fro Tots.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 84

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Few more pics.  Again, I can't say thanks enough to all that attended.  What a great thing we did.

I know these pics don't show it but the boats were there is force.  As the pics trickle in I will try to get some of the boat pics up.  There was at least 30 boats there.  Not too bad for a parking lot event.

Knotty Girl

Big tip of the hat to Matt and Dawn, this was just an incredible events for kids to get some toys.  I was very proud I was invited by y'all to be a part of this.  It was awesome seeing the U-Haul being loaded.  I also had a blast seeing everyone, I agree with Cliff I really enjoyed visiting with Bill " Cookie Man" I enjoyed getting to put a face with some names.  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Crusader

Matt, you did a great job setting this event up. Thanks for the invite and we had a great time. Thank you!!!!

Last Mohecian

Administrator
I know this is not a wooden boat crowd but I received an email I believe is worth sharing.  The fact that we provided that opportunity for David to show his Dad that picture is worth more than words.

Matt,
We loved it!  The members who came outnumbered our 3 boats by a long shot.  In addition to the members pictured, three others made appearances during the day.  Of special significance to me was the chance to meet those fine young Marines.  My Dad is a 90-year-old Marine, and he'll be thrilled to see the photo of the Marines in front of the boat he bought in 1969!  Thanks for including us.

David Kanally
President,
Wooden Boat Association
http://woodenboatassociation.com

Knotty Girl

Lucky Draw was behind the Wooden boats, they were totally off the chain. WOW they up staged my 'ol sled big time.  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Knotty said:
Lucky Draw was behind the Wooden boats, they were totally off the chain. WOW they up staged my 'ol sled big time.  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Hey now.  You don't give your sled enough credit.  I am sure it had it's fair share of admirers.  That 8 year resto on the Century with the Hemi was hard to compete against though.

Knotty Girl

Last Mohican said:
Knotty said:

Hey now.  You don't give your sled enough credit.  I am sure it had it's fair share of admirers.  That 8 year resto on the Century with the Hemi was hard to compete against though.

It would be so cool cruising around the lake in that.

rrrr

Hey guys, I saw the event photos posted on RDP. Looks like you all did good, the boats looked great. Makes me miss my Howard, I really liked parking it and telling stories with other boaters.

Billy, your boat looks good. Had to laugh at your turn signal problems, been there. You should try adding a three on the tree to the mix, then it gets to be reeealy fun. Thank God for LMC, huh?

Stay warm this winter, I'll holler at you next year for a ride sometime.

73 Sanger Flat

RonI think I finally got it fixed .. I hope ..What a PITA.. LMC was very helpful and sent me a replacement  for no extra cost after I told them how much trouble it gave me ..  You need to hook up with is next years and come out to the river ..