The Beach on Lake Brownwood

strokeit57

went up there sunday the guy is working on it has new electric hook ups .water .sewer .lake is way low like it is everywhere.called the guy seems cool.when it gets water about 5or 6 of us gonna take boatsup 4 weakend. did notice sign said 86 decimals.

Devilman

Noise limit?
idea_2.gif

Crusader

strokeit57 said:
went up there sunday the guy is working on it has new electric hook ups .water .sewer .lake is way low like it is everywhere.called the guy seems cool.when it gets water about 5or 6 of us gonna take boatsup 4 weakend. did notice sign said 86 decimals.

Wonder if that will be enforced?

Seems like a great place to visit...... and hang out for a weekend.

duanehydro

mmmm..... think.gif A cat back system of a car is 100 decibles, trust me, we don't have enough muffler to go there. :smile15:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THn3bVoaw2E

Devilman

lol, I saw the issue of noise laws being discussed on another site & it was brought up that the biodegradeable Sun Chips bags being crumpled would register at 96 dB. Watched the vid myself, no shit, lol...

Now, I would guess it would depend on how they have the noise limit set up... as in 86 dB from a certain amount of feet away or something. Not just tested there behind the boat cuz pretty much anything would probably fail miserably.

That is if they are enforcing it, that would be the $64,000 dollar question...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the guy said he knew the local officers pretty well. Hopefully he has a little pull with them, if he would like a crowd up there. think.gif

Devilman

May be one of those deals where for a certain weekend planned in advance, they may put that aside.

It also may be nothing to worry about at all. I'm sure the OP will check in & set the record straight. :cool:

:smile27:  Quote"  The plan is for us to take a couple of boat to see what attention we get with them from the law .. As soon as Neil ankle is good to go . I think we will head that way..

clap.gif      Yes sir. I am ready to get out and do something. I am anxious to get over to Brownwood ,meet Bspeednut, and check this out. Bill is too. I don't think we have anything to worry about. We have been invited to a private area. JUST COME LAKE LEGAL. Billy i get the long screw out tomorrow. The doctor said that everything is going very well. I get the screw out and it is on.    jump.gif    whooo hoooo

73 Sanger Flat

Nitro Neil said:
:smile27:  Quote"  The plan is for us to take a couple of boat to see what attention we get with them from the law .. As soon as Neil ankle is good to go . I think we will head that way..

clap.gif      Yes sir. I am ready to get out and do something. I am anxious to get over to Brownwood ,meet Bspeednut, and check this out. Bill is too. I don't think we have anything to worry about. We have been invited to a private area. JUST COME LAKE LEGAL. Billy i get the long screw out tomorrow. The doctor said that everything is going very well. I get the screw out and it is on.    jump.gif    whooo hoooo

Glad that you are getting the screws out Neil, that is progesss..  How soon did he say you can start putting your weight on it and walking .. Don't over do it and push to hard, it will come back and hurt you more in the long run ..

Let me know if you need anything ..

73 Sanger Flat

strokeit57 said:
we were up there several years ago with no problem,dought they have a meter. gotta have muffflers any way

I run my boat with the mufflers and water and I still get harrassed my the officers , but that is just part of having one of thees boats .
Last time , he said I had to have baffles and not mufflers , because he could see through my mufflers and said that was illegal exhaust .. Did not receive a ticket , but you would think they would know the law.  Also , you don;t have to have a flame arrestor as long as your carb is above the gunnel , but most of them do not know this ..

I have a fax from the TPW in Waco showing this and the legal and illegal exhaust..

I will be carrying this info with me in the boat now ..

HellinnFrnt

ANY boat up on plane can break 86 dB if you get the meter close enough ............... Lake Legal means all your safety equipment is there and up to par .....  NO your lifeline jacket is NOT Lake Legal ...  if it doesn't have a USCG tag on it don't put it in the boat .... When they say "horn" they actually want it within the driver's reach .... and NO whackin your old ladies butt while she's bent over in the boat doesn't count ...... although it usually results in a noise that can be heard ANYWHERE on the lake ........

Crusader

Fire extinguisher,
Life jackets for each occupant,
a whistle without a ball inside of it,
a throwable square floatation device,
current flares if operating at night,
anchor and nav lights for at night,
an exhaust blower for enclosed engine compartments
a decal that states the blower should run at least 4 minutes prior to starting the engine,
3 inches TX numbers that are in a Block font and not a fancy font

Baffles, mufflers etc for the OT header guys

I think that if we are all USCG compliant, we shouldn't have any issues.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
HellinnFrnt said:
ANY boat up on plane can break 86 dB if you get the meter close enough ............... Lake Legal means all your safety equipment is there and up to par .....  NO your lifeline jacket is NOT Lake Legal ...  if it doesn't have a USCG tag on it don't put it in the boat .... When they say "horn" they actually want it within the driver's reach .... and NO whackin your old ladies butt while she's bent over in the boat doesn't count ...... although it usually results in a noise that can be heard ANYWHERE on the lake ........
:smile28: :smile26: :smile28: