The Beach on Lake Brownwood

Crusader

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Just need it to warm up so we can take a boat to see what type of attention we get

It's gonna be in the high 70's, low 80's here north of Dallas this weekend...I'm sure it's warmer where y'all are.

73 Sanger Flat

air temp wll be good enough , but I am not getting in that cold water ..
I do not like that cold water ,  Maybe in about a month ..

73 Sanger Flat

strokeit57 said:
b.een there before killer beach it was ran down then .heard its nice now . nice coves lots 2 look at

Is this beach easy to find , we will be coming in on 377 from the Stephenville area . Once we get to Brownwood the lake is north of town , but what side of the lake is this beach on .  ? EAST , WEST , North or South ??

73 Sanger Flat

ok , will somebody point out the beach that we are to check out > I not sure the one I found is correct ..

I ma having trouble posting the map up on the page .. ??? Need this week to be finished ..

Crusader

ok , will somebody point out the beach that we are to check out > I not sure the one I found is correct ..

I ma having trouble posting the map up on the page .. ??? Need this week to be finished ..

The very first post on this thread says Sandy beach which is location A on your map. Might want to call this guy before you head out there.

Shrek

You used to have to put in at the Dam and travel the 5 miles or so to the East to Sandy Beach.
But there might be a ramp at Sandy Beach now.
Either way, there are lots of cool things to see, either on the road or on the water.

73 Sanger Flat

according to his first poast , he has a new boat ramp . That is a plus , I do not want to have to run 5 miles just to get to the beach , I would burn most of the fuel by then ..

So his beach is on the East side of the lake ?

Crusader

According to your map, it's on the north side of the west finger of the lake.

He has a facebook page too....I am subscribing to it now. Also he mention a phone number....might be worth calling him.

73 Sanger Flat

Just trying to get a visual to where it is , once we get close to going . We will call him and make contact and set up a date to show up and check out the park .

I just like to get info in my head before I start on something .. I went to Brandon's face book page .I can contact him that way or on his cell phone . .
It just too early to try and make plans to go right now ..

Crusader

Just trying to get a visual to where it is , once we get close to going . We will call him and make contact and set up a date to show up and check out the park .

I just like to get info in my head before I start on something .. I went to Brandon's face book page .I can contact him that way or on his cell phone . .
It just too early to try and make plans to go right now ..

Actually, I went to brandons facebook page too but that didn't get me to the Brownwood page....you have to copy the entire link and then past it in your browser....then a whole new page will come up.

I'm like you, I need a visual and a plan before I head out to an unknown area.....can be confusing at times.

Devilman

according to his first poast , he has a new boat ramp . That is a plus , I do not want to have to run 5 miles just to get to the beach , I would burn most of the fuel by then ..  

aw c'mon Billy, where is your sense of adventure.  :grin: Just set the cruise control... :cheesy:

73 Sanger Flat

Devilman said:
according to his first Post , he has a new boat ramp . That is a plus , I do not want to have to run 5 miles just to get to the beach , I would burn most of the fuel by then ..

aw c'mon Billy, where is your sense of adventure.  :grin: Just set the cruise control... :cheesy:

Me don't like the cruise control that involve those paddles when the boat runs out of fuel .. I am to old and out of shape to be paddling the boat back in .. That too much work ..

If I have too , I will carry a couple extra jugs of E-85 under the dash and take them out when i get there .. Hell with all this talk . I am just about ready to go ..

Take the boat now , it would be cheaper on me before I change the engines out ..
Can Cruise in it all day and not hurt anything , love those mild built engine and hydraulic cams .. Did not tear as much stuff up back them also .. Shit I might need to go run it some before I change  the engines ..

Devilman

Me don't like the cruise control that involve those paddles when the boat runs out of fuel .. I am to old and out of shape to be paddling the boat back in .. That too much work ..

If I have too , I will carry a couple extra jugs of E-85 under the dash and take them out when i get there .. Hell with all this talk . I am just about ready to go ..

Take the boat now , it would be cheaper on me before I change the engines out ..
Can Cruise in it all day and not hurt anything , love those mild built engine and hydraulic cams .. Did not tear as much stuff up back them also .. Shit I might need to go run it some before I change  the engines ..

There ya go that is the spirit. You could get the lake exploration done now so you'll be ready after you put that monster in there. Neil goin too, taking his boat?

How long a trip is it gonna be for you?

73 Sanger Flat

The plan is for us to take a couple of boat to see what attention we get with them from the law .. As soon as Neil ankle is good to go . I think we will head that way..

It shows about 1.5-2 hours for me from Granbury .. Just over a 100 miles ..

It will all depend on when EO get my little engine finished . It is takes a little while , then I might just make a run to Brownwood  with the wimpy engine in it . It sounds fast ..

Shrek

Oooops......... I goofed guys, the dam is to the east.  crazy.gif

The lake used to be almost over run with Jet boats and Flat bottoms, but that was quite a while back.

Couldn't have changed all that much I would think.