STEELE CREEK OCT 1st WHO'S IN?

customtouch

We are bringing a big pot of home made beans and Rosemary's  famous chocolate chip cookies. Well........famous around my house anyway!  :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
We are bringing a big pot of home made beans and Rosemary's  famous chocolate chip cookies. Well........famous around my house anyway!  :grin:
Cookies!!! :smile28:

jimsplace

clap.gif
Thanks!!
A big thanks to everyone who supplied the food and did the work, it was great.
I do have one request, next time, don't bring so much, or at least don't sit it all out where I can see it.  I ate too much.
I sure enjoyed it while I was eating though.

It was good seeing everyone.

73 Sanger Flat

SoRry we missed the fish Fry and food .. We really enjoyed  Friday and Saturday there .. Water was perfect both days .. We got some good runs in before  the boat traffic , and discovered a little problem to address over the winter .Need to add an  outboard rudder or maybe just a prop change. We won't be pushing it that hard again until we get ther rudder to stay in the water .. I have to say that Galen's 588 Mopar is one stought engine .. That sucker pulls from the time you hit it until you let off of it .. Never missed a beat .. Hell it even survived with me driving it Saturday morning .. Anyway - fun to see everyone and can't wait until next time ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Great time guys, thanks for everyone's efforts on this thing! We had a blast even with out a boat! :smile17:

Knotty Girl

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
SoRry we missed the fish Fry and food .. We really enjoyed  Friday and Saturday there .. Water was perfect both days .. We got some good runs in before  the boat traffic , and discovered a little problem to address over the winter .Need to add an  outboard rudder or maybe just a prop change. We won't be pushing it that hard again until we get ther rudder to stay in the water .. I have to say that Galen's 588 Mopar is one stought engine .. That sucker pulls from the time you hit it until you let off of it .. Never missed a beat .. Hell it even survived with me driving it Saturday morning .. Anyway - fun to see everyone and can't wait until next time ..

Yep he went on a pretty sketchy ride that last pass, I think a prop change is the ticket. I know he also would be happier with outboard steering and it will make the boat safer. Just my opinion but what do I know I'm just a hydro driver.

73 Sanger Flat

Knotty said:

Yep he went on a pretty sketchy ride that last pass, I think a prop change is the ticket. I know he also would be happier with outboard steering and it will make the boat safer. Just my opinion but what do I know I'm just a hydro driver.
Prop is already off  and Galen  can send to Dallas to use for a reference and go from there to get a good  2 blade prop and maybe the outboard steering will be added also  .. The test run I did was pretty freaking scary when it turned 45% angel toward the bank and no steeering at all .. We will get it back and it will be better next time out ..  JJ will most likely be installin the outboard steering ..

Knotty Girl

Knotty said:

Prop is already off  and Galen  can send to Dallas to use for a reference and go from there to get a good  2 blade prop and maybe the outboard steering will be added also  .. The test run I did was pretty freaking scary when it turned 45% angel toward the bank and no steeering at all .. We will get it back and it will be better next time out ..  JJ will most likely be installin the outboard steering ..

Sounds like a good plan. The motor sure sounded very healthy.

customtouch

We had a great time!! Big thanks to everyone that helped with the awesome fish fry!! It was nice seeing & visiting with everyone again!! We enjoyed the tour of Lake Whitney that Stacey took us on and can't wait until next year to do it again!!

galen

Just got home. Enjoyed seeing you all. Henry thanks for the advice. JJ agrees it will get outboard steering over the winter and prop work before it hits the water again. Found out the hull weighs 800 lbs today from Stacey. May be time to look for a Kurtis.

Devilman

Always a good time up there on the Brazos! Couldn't have asked for better weather. Weekend passed too fast though. Sure was good seeing everybody, meeting some new folks as well.