prop slip

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
His son is the one doing all the calculating, Disturbed went to school for the teachers! :smile30:

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
His son is the one doing all the calculating, Disturbed went to school for the teachers! :smile30:
Which ones the male or female ones?  Or couldn't he tell the difference?

:smile26:

Is that how he got to be disturbed??

Knotty Girl

Patchman said:

I don't care who ya are that sum funny kind'a stuff right there!  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

ChryslerJet

bottom line they both have there place, drawbacks, limitations, and benefits

Now lets all just be friends

but not friends with benefits

Dry Dock

Well I have always been told jet boat drivers were either one legged or had both feet on floor.

But now I am confused are they lazy or illiterate? I do know jets burn a lot more gas!

Before anyone jumps on me I have one of each so I can go either way........ one legged or drive it........

spd500

Knotty said:
What are you talking about, my jet boat get great fuel economy NOT!  crazy.gif

Mine has been all over Texas and Louisianna and has not burned a drop of gas  :smile30: Lets see your v-drive do that  think.gif

KONA77

spd500 said:
Knotty said:

Mine has been all over Texas and Louisianna and has not burned a drop of gas  :smile30: Lets see your v-drive do that  think.gif

spd,  what?  you trying to open pandora's box?????

jimsplace

spd500 said:
Knotty said:

Let's see, I guess that means it hasn't been off the trailer and doesn't run or you're running alcohol.  My V-drive doesn't use very much gas, its run on E-85.  :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

The fastest and quickest  1/4 boat is a V-DRIVE ...

jets do burn a lot more fuel than a v-drive in the same amount of driving time .. I had one jet and that thing sucked the fuel and only ran 70 mph .. Put the same engine in  my Sanger Flat Bottom V-Drive and ran 80 mph and saved fuel ..

spd500

That is true, my little v- drive hardly burned any gas at all compared to what most jets burn.  But I am not really in this hobby for the fuel economy.

sturat

spd500 said:
Knotty said:

V-Drive burn gas??? No way in hell they are all trailer queens....

Malibu Surfer

I've always been told a jet uses 35-45% of available power of a motor to turn the jet and run, which in turn = wasted fuel to motion...  A v-drive just has to overcome prop slip...

73 Sanger Flat

sturat said:
spd500 said:
Knotty said:

V-Drive burn gas??? No way in hell they are all trailer queens....

A lot  of them  are trailer queen  , but not all..I burn my share of fuel .. I bet I burned more Fuel at Tawakoni on Saturday than most did that weekend ..

Drumzilla

If your worried about fuel economy then don't own a boat at all.... or maybe go buy a whacker !!!  :smile30:

Knotty Girl

DrumZilla said:
If your worried about fuel economy then don't own a boat at all.... or maybe go buy a whacker !!!  :smile30:

My little 2.5L whacker runs through fuel as bad as most jets.  think.gif