prop slip

Disturbed

Here's the math formula that I'm using,

RPM X Gear / (1056/prop pitch) = theoretical MPH

Observed MPH X 100 / Theoretical MPH = % of efficiency

Does this sound right?

73 Sanger Flat

This is what I use . Plug in the number to the excel spreadsheet .. The prop slip is the actual grip of the prop and not the slip ..It was easier for me to create the formula that way .. So right now it shows .81  so that is 19% prop slip .. So far this is very close to my GPS numbers ..

Once you know the prop slip , change it in that slip column ( cells ) and then it will be close for your formulas ..

And yes you formulas looks correct also .. I am just lazy and created this

Drumzilla

Wow ....  think.gif think.gif ... water goes in mine..water shoots out mine real hard ... boat moves so it's all good...there done.....

:smile30:

Disturbed

DrumZilla said:
Wow ....  think.gif think.gif ... water goes in mine..water shoots out mine real hard ... boat moves so it's all good...there done.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How's the view from back there?  LOL. 

Drumzilla

whatever.gif....  wish you would of said that last year ...sure pick on a guy when he's down and running mid 70's mph.... 

jimsplace

DrumZilla said:

Jets have so much slip you don't want to calculate it.  Did you ever watch a jet running about 20 mph and think it must be running 50 from the sound.      think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
There is something screwy about this thread, Oh yea it's a V-drive thread! Next! crazy.gif :smile16:

73 Sanger Flat

Did not take very long for thsi thread to  get off track ..

Did you try the spreadsheet to get you slip numbers ??
  This was the number I was turning at Tawakoni

gps very close

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I don't have to do some calculus to figure out how to drive my boat! Good thing your son is a genius! :smile16: :smile30:

ChryslerJet

DISTURBED said:
It just proves that vdrive drivers are little more intelligent.  :wink:
Didn't say we weren't smart just that we didn't need to be. LOL 

Also Patch Did say good thing you have a smart SON. 

whatever.gif