Please allow me to introduce myself

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well that's good news about the cast! Getting fit to drive your boat is probably a good idea! :smile17:

jimsplace

Knotty said:
Yep I am always 100% healthy when I jump into my boat

I can't exactly say that. 
When my allergies are acting up and the equilibrium is a bit off, I may get in it, but I may or may not run it.
Maybe it's a Flatbottm thing, but I feel a need for all of my senses to be operating, you know, right left, up down, and top bottom.
There's too many things going on if I have to think about the various attitudes of the boat.

I know, if you have a jet or hydro, there is one peddle and point the nose in the right direction, everything else takes care of itself.
    :smile17:

Patchman said:
Well that's good news about the cast! Getting fit to drive your boat is probably a good idea! :smile17:

I won't run the boat until I know I am ready and I have my support system Friends/relatives available. I should get the pins out next Friday. The arm feels pretty good now. I worked int he garage all weekend with a brace on with little or no pain. The finger has almost completely healed now. It should be completely closed up before my doctors appointment next Friday. I started riding my bicycle on Saturday to get my self back in the shape I was before the crash.

I should be in pretty good shape by Thanksgiving.

Guys,

The pins are out now! Yeah!!!

The doctor said I was way ahead of schedule in the healing process. I started physical therapy on Monday and they said I had good range of motion on the wrist. Now we get to start trying to get the messed up finger moving again next Monday. It is pretty stiff but the pins only came out a few hours ago.

I am still not sure about the 18th for the first run. We shall see.

jump.gif

Dean

SyTy Speed Shop

Welcome and glad your healing up nicely, and that Cole is an absolute BEAST!!!  I'm in Conroe myself working on a 68 Rayson-Craft Jet but its gonna be awhile before mine is lake ready.

Guys,

Health wise I am doing pretty good. I was getting everything ready for the maiden voyage and decided to change the oil and set the valves one more time. During the warm up run I heard one of the rocker arms rattling. After investigating, I found one of the roller lifters had failed. I just finished tearing the engine back down. I will have to get a new cam and lifters. I may go ahead and get the block machined for larger diameter lifters. In hindsight, I should have done that when I put it together the first time. I decided to use the cam and lifters that came with the engine since it was a good grind and only had dyne time, big mistake!

It will be a while before I can get the engine back together again so it will probably be a spring test run now.

I guess the dream will have to wait a little longer.