PHOENIX AND BEYOND 2.0

Devilman

Heck of a beach back there, some kickass views. I don't think I don't think I'd ever get tired of that. :smile17:

TexasJet

I could live here, sofar. The high Sunday was 89. Very nice. It gets to 115 in the heat of the summer.

TexasJet

Kim and I decided we like Canyon Lake best because it has more beaches and less no wake zones on the river part.

jimsplace

TexasJet said:
I could live here, sofar. The high Sunday was 89. Very nice. It gets to 115 in the heat of the summer.
I understand it's really nice there, but at the same time, I've heard, "A he, can become a she" pretty quick if you're in water very long.
                                                                                                                                          :smile26:

TexasJet

Last night we went to Phoenix Botanical Gardens to see some luminaries. This is fiber optic lighting. Very interesting. You walk around the paths and the displays are just off the paths.

They lighted a side of a mountain that is part of the gardens but considered raw desert. It has to be about 10 acres and took 4 weeks to assemble.

Pics:

Second pic is the fiber optics with the globes. The display changes colors every 10 seconds or so. This is what is on the side of the mountain but bigger optic cables and bigger globes so you can see it form a distance.

Third pic is the mountain shot. The mountain is a least 300' vertical.

Fourth is all glass and fiber optics, supposed to be cactus.

Attachments

• tmp_22997-0428162021-1219998811.jpg
    tmp_22997-0428162021-1219998811.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 41

Chevy2184

The pictures look pretty cool! But I bet in person that is pretty impressive!

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

TexasJet

Chevy2184 said:
The pictures look pretty cool! But I bet in person that is pretty impressive!

[/quote

For sure. That was one time I wish I had a real camera and tripod. All my pics are with my phone camera at the lowest resolution. If I go any higher in res the file is to big to post.

All the displays are impressive but lighting up the side of a mountain, now that's mind boggling.

TexasJet

Went to Canyon Lake again Sunday. Got there just after a big rain. Lake was calm, most boaters left.  What's wrong with the last pic?

Chevy2184

Like the tanks on that boat would be if it was mine... Empty... 😎

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
think.gif I thought maybe the blower in-haled a white bikini, and it was stuck in the exhaust! think.gif think.gif think.gif crazy.gif

TexasJet

:smile29: And now for the bad news:

2 Sundays ago I took my daughter, granddaughter and a friend of hers to Canyon Lake. While I was putting the trailer away they let the left rear of the boat get under the dock and a wave knocked off two small pieces of yellow gelcoat.

Last Sunday we went back to Canyon Lake and while we were out on the lake someone hit the trailer, sound familiar, see same thread version one. Not a lot of damage this time. Cracked a rear side red lens.

Yesterday I had the boat in here garage and noticed a lot of wheel bearing grease on the inside of the left front wheel. Inner seal needs to be replaced.

Good news. I found a place that will fix everything about 1/2 hr from the house and have it done by Thursday 1:00 PM. I head for Laughlin Friday morning. Stuff happens, I guess. :smile13: