Patchmans Whacker!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Chevy2184 said:
Good dead blow hammer or a 2# sledge and a short pice of 2x4 and start working your way around it... Something will give... 😎

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises
Sounds like a plan! :smile17:

Knotty Girl

Just quit jacking around with that, I'm coming over to take care of this. No more pussy footing around the big gun is coming!!!!!!!!!!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's almost apart. It's hung up on one broke bolt, that is corroded all around it on the housing. It's almost off! Then the real fun will start! :smile15:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
The gap is widening! Just not totally separated! You don't know how hard it is to keep from going into full destruction mode on this thing! The very thought of them fish laughing at me is brutal! crazy.gif crazy.gif

Devilman

Is it still just the one corroded old bolt? Have you tried heating it any? Not sure if it would be applicable here. Once the lower unit is off, you'll still have to contend with getting the remainder of the bolt out correct?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It had a shoulder left on it, so I hit it with the grinder. Haven't put the heat on it yet. But that mite be next. I really didn't devote that much time too it this weekend.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't work on it anymore. I'll figure out something when I finally devote the time necessary for it.  crazy.gif

Knotty Girl

I am coming over I will take care of this. 20# sledge and a wedge, that sucka coming apart!!!!!! :smile16: :smile16: :smile16:

Devilman

Patchman said:
It had a shoulder left on it, so I hit it with the grinder. Haven't put the heat on it yet. But that mite be next. I really didn't devote that much time too it this weekend.

I gotcha. Are you using any sort of penetrant? Able to get any in from the top, in an attempt to work its way down...

jimsplace

Knotty said:
I am coming over I will take care of this. 20# sledge and a wedge, that sucka coming apart!!!!!! :smile16: :smile16: :smile16:

The younger guys just don't understand working on these things.

RULE #1, when all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
    :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
The fish slayer is together! Now it's time for a shakedown run! jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif