Old Buck's Project "Mini Me"

pro53

oldbuck40 said:
ok the funjet trailer is ready to head to Image Customs! probably take it down there next weekend.
Anybody got any thicker glasses, I

[attachment deleted by admin]

mfd1428

Man those things are about the size of the boat :smile23: :smile23: I was wondering how that boat was going. How are the other ones

oldbuck40

Dr.Pepper said:
i found another funjet no title might be good for parts if ya want the pics and info let me know.I'm pretty sure it is in west texas.
sure why not! cant ever have too many parts! :smile15: Thanks Randall

oldbuck40

:smile14: well i been working on the engine for the funjet and trying to replace a few bolts that have been broken off in the block :rolleyes: got most of them drilled out and tapped out but i got one that just will NOT drill out! looks like someone has tried to drill it before and broke a bit in it.

ANY IDEAS???????????

and yea its not one i can just leave out,it goes on the water/exhaust jacket.

73sanger

probally be best to take to a machine shop if you cant get it out, depends on what you are trying to drill out aluminum with a steel bolt broke off is usually machine shop worthy for me cause I will definatly fuck it up :)

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:
:rolleyes: you get up here and drill it out! hell im tired! i have only done 12 so far!

Ummm, no. You better just get back to milking bees or whatever it is you do for the company instead of being out there jackassing around with that tinkertoy. lmao :grin:

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
oldbuck40 said:
:rolleyes: you get up here and drill it out! hell im tired! i have only done 12 so far!

Ummm, no. You better just get back to milking bees or whatever it is you do for the company instead of being out there jackassing around with that tinkertoy. lmao :grin:
lmao well its getting closer to coming out but my patient's are getting thin! better go sooth them with a cold Bud Light :smile13: it will wait till Monday. had to over bore the hole,,it was 1/4 im up to 3/8 now! gonna finish getting the rest out and tap the hole and put a brass plug in it,then center it and tap it back to 1/4. should be good as new!

oldbuck40

IMPATIENT 1 said:
:smile15: cool greg, are you gonna put a lil i.d. nozzle insert in the place divertor?
no the one i have doesnt have that option! pic's will be back in a minute! i didnt like the size. :smile23: the hole in the discharge end of the bowl was the same size as the nozzle adapter so i figured wtf. leave it like that,it should work.

IMPATIENT 1

oldbuck40 said:
IMPATIENT 1 said:
:smile15: cool greg, are you gonna put a lil i.d. nozzle insert in the place divertor?
no the one i have doesnt have that option! pic's will be back in a minute! i didnt like the size. :smile23: the hole in the discharge end of the bowl was the same size as the nozzle adapter so i figured wtf. leave it like that,it should work.
should work, but you may find some extra mph in a smaller nozzle i.d. :smile12: they're pretty easy to make if you have access to a lathe, which you do. i've made some from pipe before, just used my uncle's lathe to cut the o.d. down to the right size, then i.d., then i pinned them in the nozzle with set screws.