Old Buck's Project "Mini Me"

oldbuck40

Well today was a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got the Funjet cranked up! :smile19: :smile19: :smile19:

all that is left to do is install the carpet and bolt down the hot foot and hook up the throttle cable!

oh yea and one major thing left to do.

back er in the lake and check for leaks :rolleyes: thats the part i always hate,,,but ya gotta do it!

oldbuck40

pro53 said:
Thats great Greg, when your done with that one you can start on the real one  :grin:
:smile23: :smile23: :smile23: dont remind me,, my credit card bill does all the time :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

yea its gonna roll in the back of the shop soon and im gonna start on it!  Plowmans??? who knows but i might have it ready!

pro53

oldbuck40 said:
pro53 said:
Thats great Greg, when your done with that one you can start on the real one  :grin:
:smile23: :smile23: :smile23: dont remind me,, my credit card bill does all the time :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

yea its gonna roll in the back of the shop soon and im gonna start on it!  Plowmans??? who knows but i might have it ready!
If not bring the little one too. It might be all you have running then?If you workin on the TX.

sturat

:smile22: :smile22: :smile22:
Way to go Greg can not wait to see it in person that little thing is whicked cool

oldbuck40

Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i went to the lake yesterday :smile18: Damn the water is low! Kenny its about where it was when you and Carole came up and we watched that fool building that dock next door :smile23:

Anyway the east ramp was way to shallow,,so i went to the middle ramp! :smile18: dunno what part of NO SWIMMING NEAR RAMP the Mexicans cant figure out.. :rolleyes: they had their shit all layed out on the ramp,,i mean tables chairs,BBQ pits,,,and the kids all swimming on the rest of the ramp :smile18: :smile18: :smile18:  Wasnt worth my time asking them to move or inviting trouble,,,,so i head to the west ramp :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: i believe every kid that had a tuna boat was there either loading or unloading,,,so i said screw it and went home :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

So i figure next best thing for a leak test would be park it with the rear of the boat down hill and fill er with the hose!
I filled it till the bowl and the bowl transom plate were under water!!!
And came out pretty damn good i thought,,,,,the right tailpipe deal was barely dripping water around 3 of the 4 bolts and there is a very slight seep where the ride plate and the transom adapter meet in the lower left corner!  No big deal! i'll get that done today! :grin:

Also climbed under the boat to check for leaks around the intake!!! DRY AS A BONE :smile15:

So im gonna go get that done and then head to Wally World and pick up a Fire Ext. hopefully small enough to fit in the boat!

Devilman

Don't be hatin' on them folks... Not everybody is a baller with a cement pond in their back yard like you got.... :grin:

sturat

What i find works real well is do not ask them to move as they (most of them) look at you like a deer caught in the headlights
just slowly keep the vechile or boat moving in thier direction and they will get out of the way quickly i might add.  :smile12:

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
Don't be hatin' on them folks... Not everybody is a baller with a cement pond in their back yard like you got.... :grin:
:smile23: i got a pond alright but i dont have a ramp going in it :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

oldbuck40

COONASS said:
sounds great Greg ...................didn't want to invite trouble lol  :grin:  Break out the 9  :wink:
:smile23:  Correction!  38 Super Auto shootin +P's :smile13:

lol you know how they can get!  barely old enough or not out there so drunk they can't hardly stand up.  It aint worth my time! 

Shit one year this kid was sooooooooooooooooooooo wasted he came running towards the ramp while i was loading up stumbled and slid on his back down the ramp and up under the trailer! 
some of his friends came and drug his ass out from under there before he drowned :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

oldbuck40

COONASS said:
oldbuck40 said:
Devilman said:
:smile23: i got a pond alright but i dont have a ramp going in it :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:
:smile12:
lol maybe you should get one so you could invite your mex friends to your place while you go out in the boat  :smile23: :smile23:
:smile23: :smile23: dont make me start using that Mully F word :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

oldbuck40

Ok! so i named the Funjet the wrong name!  I should have named it VooDoo Canoe  :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:  you dont think about it in a regular size jet boat but in this sucker you gotta be careful getting in or you will just push the side under water in a second :shocked: i was getting in and had one foot on the bottom of the lake and the other just inside the boat,,i kinda pushed down in the boat and just happened to look at the side and the water was about 2 inches from running in the boat :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:  (Need to lose some of the beer gut) :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

Any way i figured out how to get in without sinking it :smile13: wasnt pretty by any means :smile23: but i got in sat down and cranked er up and took off on the maiden voyage!!! i felt like an ant in the ocean :smile24: 

This thing will slide in a turn and is kinda gives you an uneasy feeling,,you have less control than a seadoo or similar ski! dunno its just feels funny with your ass on the water and you make a U turn on a dime,,,hoping like hell the back end doesnt go under :smile23:

So far as speed,,,well who knows? it seems pretty fast but i could tell we were running in the mid 20's or so,,,nothing spectacular but it was fun.

I can tell by the ride that the prehistoric ride plate needs to be chunked in the recycle bin and start over!  its about a foot long with a good 3 inches of it bolted in a preform on the boat so it will be smooth with the bottom of the hull. plus i would say the last 7 or 8 inches are factory bent upwards,,looks to be an inch or inch and a half higher than the bottom of the boat :smile14:  that at first had got my attention of being way too high! and it is! it rides like any other jet with the ride plate to far up! BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE!!! :smile23:  and this was with the diverter level or slightly down.

So I am going to look into a longer ride plate and make it adjustable!

i can't make the diverter shoot a tail till i get the bounce out of it :smile14: but i believe it does have enough power to do so.  the diverter does have a very good effect so far as getting out of the hole quick with all the down in it versus with it straight!

So im in the fine tune stages :smile19: :smile19: :smile19: and it wont be long till its Finished!

And i wanted to take the time to thank all the THB members for their input and help finding stuff here and there for this restoration!!! :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:

Once this one is tweeked just right Im going to start on the Youngblood! :smile19: :smile19: :smile19:

Devilman

Nice Greg, frikkin cool you finally got it going.... :smile22: You are gonna have to get Carol to take some pics or video of you running it.... :smile15:

73 Sanger Flat

I can't wait to see you in the VooDoo Canoe .. :smile23:  I know that not the real name , yet .. Getting in and out of it has got to be pretty fun to watch .

Put some nitrous on it , I bet that will help the rooster tail ..

Glad you got it going .  :smile15: