O TALLY

73 Sanger Flat

Cash Hole said:
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Once you get it dialed in or off the Dyno , will you share you carb information with me . I am running E-85 in my 555 Chevy 13.5 to 1 compresion and still trying to get it dialed in . This weekend , hoping to get closer with the O2 sensors hooked up .

I have a BLP 1050 Domiantor flowing 1289 cfm with 132 jets in it .. Just like to see what some one else come up with for jet sizes ..

Sound like  a monster you are building ..

I'll be more than happy to share. Chris is doing my grind for E-85. He said it will work with race gas but not as well as the E-85. I am also at 13-1. Have you looked at raceone85.com? Some good info and help over there.
Alan

I have check that site out also . Mine does not flow as much as your head . Yelvey told me that mine are  flowing just over 400 the last time he checked them . I do not have a custom grind cam this time ,It a V-Drive cam from Isky for 4500-7500 rpm . # 396732 Isky

The BLP carb is close to being right , at first it was lean on the bottom end and with some air bleeds and some bigger squirters , that problem is solved . I just need to get it leaned down enough now , Last outing  at mid throttle , O2 reading was at 5.5-6.0 not sure what it should be at part trottle with a dominator feeding it .The  O2 reading at WOT pass should be  8.0-8.5 readings making a WOT pass . 
Hopefully Sunday will be my first WOT pass with the this new engine and I can adjust from there ..

J C Gordon

I know Alans secret... Should be a clean ride, and somewhat different then what u are used to. And Paul, my engine has always run. But floating is a different story. I got everything built all I have to do is get a dominator wear ring and build pump and its ready.. So I would say I should be in good shape by the Aug 13th date. River south marina right?

3boatpaul

J C Gordon said:
I know Alans secret... Should be a clean ride, and somewhat different then what u are used to. And Paul, my engine has always run. But floating is a different story. I got everything built all I have to do is get a dominator wear ring and build pump and its ready.. So I would say I should be in good shape by the Aug 13th date. River south marina right?
  :smile30: yep, any change's in plan's i will let you know.  mum's the word on allen's ride. it ought to scoot.  :smile26:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Now that aint cool, you guys are going to keep us South peeps guessing on what Allen has. Not even a hint. I know as a fellow BBF guy it will run good, but is the hull that much different than the rest? think.gif think.gif

3boatpaul

Patchman said:
Now that aint cool, you guys are going to keep us South peeps guessing on what Allen has. Not even a hint. I know as a fellow BBF guy it will run good, but is the hull that much different than the rest? think.gif think.gif
                    :smile30: he will be a player, and be on the poarch with the other big dog's.  crazy.gif

78Kona

Patchman said:
Patch, I'll post up specifics when I seal the deal. Between the sellers schedule and mine we can't seem to connect.
It's nothing special it will just make better use of the anemic HP that my Ford will make.
Don't worry you will still be baddest BBF on the boards.
Alan

J C Gordon

Hey Paul how far from ramp is the party? Need to know how much fuel I'm gonna need... Probly just get a cabin and camp out..  bling.gif

3boatpaul

J C Gordon said:
Hey Paul how far from ramp is the party? Need to know how much fuel I'm gonna need... Probly just get a cabin and camp out..  bling.gif
JC it is not that far, from the ramp thru the ox bowl to the river  1/4 mile plus , once you come out to the river  there it is on the other side. it won't be hard to miss usually the sand bar is loaded from one end to the other with pop up canapies
and boat's everywhere.. beaching on both side's of the bar. going to the back side you have to stay to the right of  the 2 sign's as you go thru the cut. be aware on the back side when you beach the boat and venture to the back of same in the water, YOU WILL BE IN OVER YOUR HEAD.  :smile26: usually that is where the big azz cruiser types beach.  if and when you come up give me a call and come by the house.  easy to get here
exit 8 ind. blvd. down to linnwood and to the right out by the double m farm. call will give dir.  :smile27: 

J C Gordon

Sounds good will def try to make it. I havent seen water all summer but im real close.. Ill see if I can get Davy to get his azz in gear to.

TintMan

J C Gordon said:
Sounds good will def try to make it. I havent seen water all summer but im real close.. Ill see if I can get Davy to get his azz in gear to.
you missed out on the dig! It was a blast! The wfl crew did lose 1118 cubic inches this weekend! Mailmans 620 and travis 498! :smile18: :smile17:

J C Gordon

I seen that on PB. That sux bad. I wish I could of made it but work has been beating me down with fire brigade training and the mini outage we are in right now. So far 8 days without a day off and 3 more to go. Just need a domy wear ring and build pump and Im ready.

Stealth

Ok, JC and 3Boat... is this a secret meeting of the proven big dogs?  I don't want to interfere or impose, but not knowing water outside Palestine, and San Jacinto, I have no idea where you are going.  I would like to try to jump in the gang and see if there are any other beer drinkers there, etc.  If this is a private club, not a problem, just looking for kids to play with. 

3boatpaul

LOL---no private club's or such, actually two or three time's a year these thing's are put on by the clamp on
folk's.  and are put on on there off week's from the drag circut. we for the most part just show up to there
event's and join in. :smile26:  i just happen to know a lot of these folk's  thru chuck goodman of hydro dynamics from  year's ago when he was sponsering building there motor's and nos system's .
PLACE--red river marina south. i 20 east get off in bossier city  hw 71 south  appr.12 to14 mile's south
on the right big sign at truck stop/ gas station.just follow road over the levee.  will be checking with george
to make sure that the date is set in stone.

J C Gordon

No secrets and mine is far from being a proven ride. Im one of the smallest CID guys in the group. Most have more CID and HP than me, Im just running a lake rod. But it floats cranks and makes noise most of the time. Just been wanting to come hang out with Paul in his neck of the woods for a weekend. Hopefully I can make it. Just depends on my lil girls surgery and its schedule. She needs her tonsils taken out and Im hopeing they keep the scheduled date at Aug 5th so she can recover and I can come play. JC

Stealth

Thanks, sounds like something to barge into.  So are the clamp on's drag racing, or is this the "off" weekend.  I used to go to all the Drag Boat Races.  At that time I was the owner and worker bee of ProFormance Fuel.  We sold serious fuel, 96 NL, 100NL and Lead, 105 & 115, even 115/145 P-51 fuel type stuff.  I met Eddie a few times when we were supplying Nitro.  Of course his hair was gray then, and that was in the 80's.,,,, LOL... whoops.. let it out that I know about fuel..  oh well, don't worry about those funny smells... it is only the last 10% of the horsepower anyway.... Thanks guys.

3boatpaul

Stealth said:
Thanks, sounds like something to barge into.  So are the clamp on's drag racing, or is this the "off" weekend.  I used to go to all the Drag Boat Races.  At that time I was the owner and worker bee of ProFormance Fuel.  We sold serious fuel, 96 NL, 100NL and Lead, 105 & 115, even 115/145 P-51 fuel type stuff.  I met Eddie a few times when we were supplying Nitro.  Of course his hair was gray then, and that was in the 80's.,,,, LOL... whoops.. let it out that I know about fuel..  oh well, don't worry about those funny smells... it is only the last 10% of the horsepower anyway.... Thanks guys.
one of there down week's  just a get together for friend's to hang out at the sand bar and have a good time.
    :police:  there will not be any drinking by anyone who might be tuneing  :police: after tuneing have at it all is cool.  :smile27:
O  there is no racing  :smile29:  but some testing and tuneing will go on.  :smile27: last year's event  was exciteing as one of the jet boat's sunk , and the week before that one also went down.  :smile13:

Stealth

I suppose it would be a hoot, if you are not the one getting your face wet as your boat is going down!.. Got to keep those 'holes n the water' dry.  I think I saw those pictures.

Stealth

Bunch a light weights... LOL>. ok, here is my deal, Tomorrow... 7/24 at about 5:30-6:00 PM (unless I hear real motors before), until it is time to be back on trailer, I am in the water, Palistine, off FM 315.  My neighbor who watched me build this durn thing for 3 years, has never been in it.. he is knowledgeable, but still doesn't know what he is stepping into... we will run to the 155 and prob Saline to check the waves.. will probably cruise over to the #1 155 bridge, and see if jc is alive and well, never know, tje fact is i have the worst burning need that i have had in the duration....... negatives here are simply the dang wind......  not long, but i can burn 15 gallons......... LOL..

J C Gordon

I'll be at work this weekend man. Im ordering a wear ring monday morning and hope to be in the water by next weekend. JC

Stealth

Dang it, Dang it, Dang it... JC that means I spent a lot of fuel money sending you a 1000-6000 RPM pass out of your bay heading back into the big water... I coulda spent that on Beer, and you were not even there to appreciate it........ bah humbug... LOL

Water was nice, wind was low, me and neighbors took a couple boats out that needed to run.. with any luck, i get to do that again...... geez that was fun.....

By the by.. that pass sounded awsome....... all pointed right at ya........ 'then i put water to the headers'... LOL...

Next time.