Need Help

wildbunch

Duanehydro said:
quick update, it seems Bob's condition has worsened somewhat, the mass in his lung has gotten a little larger, and some has traveled to his trachea....I hope to go to Austin and work on his boat this weekend, still waiting on parts to show up. Let's all say a little prayer for Bob this morning. Be happy to be blessed with good health!

Amen........

sdba069

Hey Duane, just FYI, Cecil at Elbert's, ( A.R.E. Manufacturing) who I buy most of my underwater hardware from, sold me the shaft at his manufacturing cost after I told him of the circumstances.  It has been drop shipped directly to you. I told Cecil about the THB website and suggested he check out the "Need Help" thread. So, Cecil, if you see this, thanks very much.

duanehydro

Holy shit! you have been a great guy to us, Garry, someday I've got to shake your hand.
Makes me DAMN PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

1419336_16_50.gif

sdba069

Thanks Duane. .. Just seems like the right thing to do. I'd like to think that if the roles were reversed, well, you know. And if there is anything else that I can do, if within my power, I will. let's Git "R" done.

sdba069

Hey Duane... The prop shaft came in here yesterday, was supposed to be drop shipped to you, but. Anyway, it's leaving via UPS today headed your way.

duanehydro

Bob's condition worsened to the point where he was quaranteened for a while....from respatory problems to excessive fluid buildup. he got infections from his drain tube, which they removed. Last Sunday I met with Tow truck Mikey @ I10 & 183, where I gave him all the donated parts as well as the donations given by THB members, which was greatly appreciated. Mike and Sweet-V (Jim Bauscher) are going to take over (since I'm so far away) with the assembly of the boat.

I can't thank everyone here enough for all the help and generous donations of time, money, and parts. Thanks again! As I get more info, I'll post up.

duanehydro

Just got off the phone with Bob...bad news, his condition turned terminal. we don't have much time left with him....please give him a call if you can....512-627-3994 they have the boat assembled, seems the whirlaway is broken, as well as the coupler shaft bent....damnit, we need this thing going for a last ride!!!! I have to go now, feelings are kicking in.

sweet-v

Just got off the phone with Bobby.  He's having a good day today and was his usual self :)  He sounded like the V-Drive Bob we all know and love!

I'm heading over to his place tomorrow to check out the Whirlaway/gearbox for info to follow up on. 

We want to second Duane's thank you to y'all for your HUGE support.  Y'all came through for one of our own.  While you'd like to think you're all a hard ass, you aren't and we all know it! :cool:

Jim & Gayle

duanehydro

needed: 10* split case casale  w/whirl-away to borrow for Bob's party................call bob 512 627-3994 or me 361-550-9667

turboed-tx-20

taylormanss said:
I know this is probably short notice, but i just got off the phone with bob and he told me he is wanting to have a get together at lake travis on memorial day weekend. not sure about the details yet, but he did say it is at pace bend park,  so I guess it is time for me to get my boat back together, and be ready for memorial day weekend at lake travis.

Pace Bend boat ramp is closed according to link,but it says you can use the shoreline to load/unload your boat.is that possible?

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/pace_bend.asp

sweet-v

Yes possible if the lake isn't to low, Pace Bend Park a couple years ago

Attachments

• 100_0148.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 227