Need Help

sdba069

Hey Duane... I talked to Tom a couple of days ago and he told me about this deal. Is there anything that I can do or parts that I might help out with? I am direct with about everyone on the underwater stuff, shafts, rudders, and such. Just let me know. I'd bet money that JJ would help out on this also and I promise you that he has more V-Drive boat parts than any 10 boat guys you may know of.

duanehydro

Thanks, Garry! we are looking for used parts, if available. We have some money in an account from donations from THB members, just not near enough for new stuff...and I only have 3 weeks to do this... :smile14:
I'll send JJ a link to the thread, and ask for his help as well. here are some more detailed photos of what is needed.

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=60787&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=60786&papass=&sort=1&size=big&thecat=
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=60785&papass=&sort=1&size=big&thecat=

I measured the strut angle @ 9* using a magnetic angle finder, all these parts look to be the standard parts out of the rex marine catalog. All were factory parts on his Sanger v-drive bubble deck flat. The 1 " propshaft is 76 1/2 " tip to tip.

We have $320.23 in the account SO FAR but I'm willing to owe you more than the 20 bucks I owe ya! :smile23:

Devilman

I have some $$$ to pass your way Duane, I'll come by your shop tomorrow when I get off at 5:00....

sdba069

Hey Duane....... I see you got JJ involved, he's that kind of fella. Anyway, let me know what you need from me.

sdba069

Get me a length on the prop shaft and I'll see if I can do something there. Pretty sure I have a long 1" Aquanet 22 shaft out of a hydro that I can cut down and machine a keyway in. If not, I'll just get a new one. Can probably get the people that I get my shafts form to pitch in on the deal.

duanehydro

sdba069 said:
Get me a length on the prop shaft and I'll see if I can do something there. Pretty sure I have a long 1" Aquanet 22 shaft out of a hydro that I can cut down and machine a keyway in. If not, I'll just get a new one. Can probably get the people that I get my shafts form to pitch in on the deal.

76 1/2 inches tip to tip thanks agian!

duanehydro

Duanehydro
1101 lawndale
victoria, 77901
I sent it to your e-mail.....must not have worked...
just let me know how much to send you, thanks again!!!!!!!

sdba069

Hey Duane... I'll be out of town until next Tuesday but will try to get a prop shaft on the way, worse case will be next Tuesday before I can get it ordered. I thought I had a 1" shaft here, but I think I gave it to JJ a while back. He needed it for something.

duanehydro

quick update, it seems Bob's condition has worsened somewhat, the mass in his lung has gotten a little larger, and some has traveled to his trachea....I hope to go to Austin and work on his boat this weekend, still waiting on parts to show up. Let's all say a little prayer for Bob this morning. Be happy to be blessed with good health!