Need a name for the Kona

spd500

I actually thought that one was pretty good , but the boss don't like that one .  :smile30: I also thought maybe just call if "Woody" and airbrush a woody wood pecker on the transom .

Knotty Girl

spd500 said:
I actually thought that one was pretty good , but the boss don't like that one .  :smile30: I also thought maybe just call if "Woody" and airbrush a woody wood pecker on the transom .

That would be pretty cool.  clap.gif

spd500

Just gotta find someone who can airbrush better than me to do the woodpecker , but it might be an idea .

spd500

I think we have decided on gold leaf for all of the lettering , with a pinstripe outline . Have not really considered fonts yet , guess I better start looking around .

Knotty Girl

spd500 said:
I think we have decided on gold leaf for all of the lettering , with a pinstripe outline . Have not really considered fonts yet , guess I better start looking around .

Have you done Gold Leaf before?  I had a friend do that on his bike.

spd500

I have played with it a little on small stuff back in high school , but that was a really really long time ago . I will have to do some test panels with it before trying it on my boat , but Robert is also going to come over and help with the lettering , and he is awesome at that stuff . He will be the one that does the outlined pinstripes , I would screw it up .

spd500

This one with Woody surfing on a scrap of wood is pretty cool

990x350_Woody_Woodpecker.jpg

ChryslerJet

Also I believe the name comes after its been on the water just leave a blank wood area on the transom for the name like a wood bord that hasnt been carved yet and then when you get the name you air brush it in.  For example my last boats name didn't appear until after taking it out 3 or 4 times.  It was "Operator Error".  I am kinda leaning on "Back from the Dead" or "Revived" or "Left for Dead" for the Jet boat but we will have to see once its all back together because none of them are true until its running on the water well maybe the last one is still true.