Need a name for the Kona

spd500

I have been thinking about a name for the boat , and alot of the names I would use have already been taken . I would like to go with "Old School" , but I already owned one boat named that . I really like the name "lil bit Knotty" , but it's been used too . The only name that I can think of that I like and have not already seen before is "Knotty Mouse" . I really like this one , because of the wood grain and the SBC , but still not sure . Anyone have any other ideas for a blue and wood grain boat with a SBC in it  ?

spd500

Oh yeah , I really like the name "Mighty Mouse" too , but Chris already used that one  :smile18:

spd500

Yeah , know what you mean . But it's not like he can trademark the word entirely is it ? I don't get it , he don't even own a wooden boat .

Crusader

I understand what your saying......name it what you want too....no trademark on the Knotty name at all.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
My only suggestion is to be sure to go through the proper renaming procedure.  I'm not really superstitious but if you start having problems that would be the first thing I would blame.

SimplyOrange

spd500 said:
SimplyOrange said:
KNOT A BBC
or KNOT VERY FAST
:grin:

Really ? I bet it will out run your daycruiser without the juice  :smile30: Bring it on  :smile15:

lol, i have to claim for my daycruiser to be fast first.why you wanna pick on my old turd, mr magoo will handle the lightweight.

ok, since you are all upset now, how about

KNOT VERY KNICE

spd500

Last Mohican said:
My only suggestion is to be sure to go through the proper renaming procedure.  I'm not really superstitious but if you start having problems that would be the first thing I would blame.

There was no name on it when I got it . Should I assume that it had a name at one time ? What is the proper procedure for naming / renaming a boat ?

spd500

SimplyOrange said:
spd500 said:
I never said mine was fast , just faster than yours  :smile30:

fair enough

I am not really building this one to be fast , just average , but it should be a really fun family boat . If it turns out that I am the only one going out in the family boat I have already said I will sell it and build a boat for myself . If that happens the next boat will be fast  :smile30:

SimplyOrange

spd500 said:
SimplyOrange said:
spd500 said:
I never said mine was fast , just faster than yours  :smile30:

fair enough

I am not really building this one to be fast , just average , but it should be a really fun family boat . If it turns out that I am the only one going out in the family boat I have already said I will sell it and build a boat for myself . If that happens the next boat will be fast  :smile30:

i had a similar plan but now im thinking of selling it and getting a "family tx-19" :evil:

and my procedure for renaming a boat is sanding the old one off and putting the new one on, i dont believe in ghosts, santa clause,or bigfoot :smile28:

spd500

:smile26: :smile26: :smile26: I believe in Santa , he always hooks me up with awesome boat parts  :smile30:

Crusader

spd500 said:
Last Mohican said:

There was no name on it when I got it . Should I assume that it had a name at one time ? What is the proper procedure for naming / renaming a boat ?

There are procedures for renaming a boat.....and you have to pay tribute to King Neptune (Poseidon) too.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
spd500 said:
Last Mohican said:

I would assume it was named at one time or another. 

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Crusader

Last Mohican said:
spd500 said:
Last Mohican said:

I would assume it was named at one time or another. 

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Matt, that's exactly the article I read a few years ago.......good find!!