My New Money Pit, 1972 Sea Ray SRV200 with an Olds 455/Berkeley Jet Drive

SyTy Speed Shop

Patchman said:
Did you get the Rayson Craft

It will be here this weekend!!  I called the guy on the Tahiti and he has a 454 Block and heads he removed from an advenger he was gonna put in this boat he will include with the free boat and the hull has a title.  He said it had a 455 olds originally and he has BBC mounts as well.  Was thinking about getting it for some parts but if it that rare could be worth cleaning up and trying to resell.

Did some quick google searching and found its a 72 Tahiti Toad and supposedly only about 250 were ever made!  Def has some nice lines.

Devilman

SyTy Speed Shop said:
Saw this today, what is everyone's thoughts on it?  Was thinking about getting it for parts, scraping the hull and selling the trailer.

http://houston.craigslist.org/bpo/5847800670.html

Was gonna say, this is a somewhat rare boat, but looks like you've researched it some already. Tahiti offshore boat nicknamed the Toad. Not sure of it's actual worth, just there was not many of them made. There was one for sale in Houston area on CL forever it seemed like. It was a running boat if I recall correctly, wonder if this is the same one stripped down...

SyTy Speed Shop

Devilman said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
Saw this today, what is everyone's thoughts on it?  Was thinking about getting it for parts, scraping the hull and selling the trailer.

http://houston.craigslist.org/bpo/5847800670.html

Was gonna say, this is a somewhat rare boat, but looks like you've researched it some already. Tahiti offshore boat nicknamed the Toad. Not sure of it's actual worth, just there was not many of them made. There was one for sale in Houston area on CL forever it seemed like. It was a running boat if I recall correctly, wonder if this is the same one stripped down...

Yeah the guy said he bought it several years ago with plans to put the 454 in it but now just wants it gone.  I'm gonna go over there on Saturday and if the hull is solid like he says ill probably take it and anything he is willing to throw in with it.  Not sure exactly what ill do with it yet, but with it being rare, def worth some time cleaning it up and maybe trying to flip it with the BBC setup.

Well i ended up working on my Blazer ZR2 project most of the weekend and missed out on the Free Tahiti Boat, but im no that worried about, probably for the best.  It wasn't the 22' "Toad" that was super rare anyways, i believe it was the 20' Executive which are still pretty rare, but my Rayson-Craft will be here tonite and im getting excited to finally put some eyes on it and hope its as solid as the guy claims.

SyTy Speed Shop

DrumZilla said:
Well ???  So what happened with the Rayson-Craft ....

I ended up getting stuck at work till almost 8, so gonna go tomorrow after work and check it out before it gets dark out.  I did talk to the guy and he said there were no issues with the trailer pulling it back from MO which is good.

SyTy Speed Shop

DrumZilla said:
Well ???  So what happened with the Rayson-Craft ....

Ok, i was finally able to put some eyes on this thing last night and overall for a 48 year old boat it seems to be in very solid condition!!  I wasn't able to find any soft spots in the transom or stringers and thee is no subfloor or floatation foam crap to deal with so the floor seemed very solid as well.  Some dock rash it looks like to me on both rear corners and the nose but easily fixable.  The pump is a split bowl so will be easy to add some upgrades and will need new cables and steering.  a few deep scratches here and there but im very happy overall and im pretty sure i can have this baby lake ready by next spring.

Here's some pics that i took.  The guy ended up getting stuck at work late so i have to go back tonite to give him the cash and pick up the boat.

IMG_0822_zpsw2zlqmc9.jpg

IMG_0823_zpsf0wvgqck.jpg

IMG_0824_zpszltnuqmi.jpg

IMG_0825_zpsagk5bv3k.jpg

IMG_0826_zpskvjaan3t.jpg

IMG_0827_zpswdeaacbl.jpg

IMG_0829_zps1h8j85jx.jpg

IMG_0830_zpstnwsy5wt.jpg

IMG_0831_zpssv0x6z7a.jpg

IMG_0832_zpsbjctzxy5.jpg

IMG_0835_zpsbvenmiaq.jpg

IMG_0836_zpsmgx3mdg8.jpg

IMG_0837_zps2ismgrmw.jpg

IMG_0838_zpstovddrgk.jpg

I think for 750 delivered from MO, i got a hell of a deal, but what do some of you with much more experience than me think about it??

Devilman

So it's a done deal then? cool. I'd think you made out alright. From the pics & what you've said about it, seems like a solid platform to build off of. Looking forward to the build thread. :smile17:

SyTy Speed Shop

Devilman said:
So it's a done deal then? cool. I'd think you made out alright. From the pics & what you've said about it, seems like a solid platform to build off of. Looking forward to the build thread. :smile17:

Thanks and yes its a done deal.. I'm working on interior ideas right now, originally these had bench seats up front and back, and i was thinking about doing two buckets up front and a bench in the back, and building a center console like on a car to hold the radio, manual place diverter to look like a shifter and the reverse handle.  was also thinking that original style could be cool too. 

Ok, i think its time to start a new build thread for the new project, but should i put the thread in here or under the boat projects forum?

Devilman

Either place would be fine I'm sure... Worst that would happen is Patch may say something about it, but no one really cares what he says anyway so...  :cheesy:

Just kiddin Patch... :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Either place would be fine I'm sure... Worst that would happen is Patch may say something about it, but no one really cares what he says anyway so...  :cheesy:

Banned!!!!!!!! :police:

Devilman

Patchman said:
Devilman said:

Banned!!!!!!!! :police:

You missed. :grin: