My new bullet

Chevy2184

customtouch said:
Sucks about the old scoop but I think the new scoop will look better anyway!  :smile17:

Thanks customtouch! I agree... That is the scoop I wanted from the get go but (thought) I got a pretty good deal on the other scoop? Not knowing it had already been repaired... Live and learn...

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Devilman

Those new headers look badass. Dig the new scoop too, think it looks a little better also. Get er going man, spring be here before we know it. :smile16:

Chevy2184

Trust me I'm chomping at the bit!! 😊 pretty much all I have left to do is put the transom adapter on and hook the cables up... Went ahead and put all new cables in it as well this winter... About 3 weeks ago I thought I was on the home stretch till I ran into the lifter deal? Oh well... I still have a little time before I'm going to be getting the bug BAD to splash this thing! Just trying to get everything done and done right so I don't have to jack with it to much this spring... I wanna get the carb dialed in and go have fun! But we all know how that goes lol

Chevy2184

Devilman said:
Those new headers look badass. Dig the new scoop too, think it looks a little better also. Get er going man, spring be here before we know it. :smile16:

I like the way the headers turned out... After jacking with two or three sets that were just too far gone? I bought that set of stainless steel borlas off of racing junk for 400$ cut the race mufflers off and ordered those stainless collectors for 160$ and welded them on and had them coated... I think I'm in (that) set for 850$

Devilman

Chevy2184 said:
I like the way the headers turned out... After jacking with two or three sets that were just too far gone? I bought that set of stainless steel borlas off of racing junk for 400$ cut the race mufflers off and ordered those stainless collectors for 160$ and welded them on and had them coated... I think I'm in (that) set for 850$

Hell you are money ahead, thats cheaper than a set of new Bassetts or Rewarders that are just gonna get all rusty anyway. Plus they are different, doubt you'll see another set like yours. Saw that about the lifters, that sux, but could be worse. Know what ya mean about wanting it done & not wanting to have to jack with it, hopefully the carb is pretty close.

Chevy2184

Devilman said:
Chevy2184 said:

Hell you are money ahead, thats cheaper than a set of new Bassetts or Rewarders that are just gonna get all rusty anyway. Plus they are different, doubt you'll see another set like yours. Saw that about the lifters, that sux, but could be worse. Know what ya mean about wanting it done & not wanting to have to jack with it, hopefully the carb is pretty close.

I think it's pretty close? Just need to get it in the water so I can get some load on the pump and try to find the sweet spot... Just want to play with the linkage rod for the primary/secondary and see witch one it likes... Make sure it will pull like a bbbiiiittttaaaccchhh from a dig lol

Bert88

Better get that yellow banana launching good! I coming for ya ! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy2184

Chit... I'm gonna have to put a 150 shot on my little n/a motor just to keep up with your v-drive...

Chevy2184

Well FINALLY got the word back from straub... 3 of the lifters did not pass their leak rate test... So they are getting fixed up and then shipped back to me... Don't know how long this is going to take? But I guess at least moving in the right direction...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Got to love all these brand new defective parts on the market. At least nothing broke! crazy.gif

Chevy2184

Patchman said:
Got to love all these brand new defective parts on the market. At least nothing broke! crazy.gif

Haha very true! In hindsight I guess it's not ALL that bad to wait a couple extra weeks for parts to get back vs a bunch of broke parts... Glad you guys were already looking to upgrade some parts! :)

Chevy2184

FL350 said:
Glad it going your way now.

Thanks FL350!! Started hooking all the cables up tonight... Got the steering all buttoned up and steering wheel centered up and ready to go... Diverter cable and shifter cable Tomorrow night and back half should be about buttoned up...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Chevy2184 said:
Patchman said:

Haha very true! In hindsight I guess it's not ALL that bad to wait a couple extra weeks for parts to get back vs a bunch of broke parts... Glad you guys were already looking to upgrade some parts! :)

Right! :smile30:

Chevy2184

Cables are all hooked up and adjusted... COME ON lifters!! :)

Chevy2184

Well... FINALY got my lifters back while I was on vacation... Got back and got them put back in and the motor fired back up... So far so good... Got the timing set and went to tuning on the carb, had a pretty bad dead spot between the primaries and secondaries? Changed linkage rods? Played with the squirters? The (dead) spot would move around in the rpm range but would not go away? Twisted on that dang thing till I didn't know witch way to go next? It almost sounded like I was hitting the rev limiter? But I could rev it up slow and it would rev up ok? So got ol bert88 over to the house, two heads are better than one... We disconnected the back two barrels, flogged it and low and behold the (dead) spot or stutter is still their? Re gaped the plugs, nothing? Bert was looking down the carb while we were revving it up and talking about how MUCH fuel the carb is moving... Then he starts thinking maybe I'm running out of spark? So we pull my hei dizzy and drop in a Mallory and hook up a box and coil... And BBBAAAAMMMM!!! Revs like a dream! It's was the same dizzy that I used on the dyno, had worked in my other boat for years, was even starting to think that maybe I was floating the valves? But it would rev up ok if I just rolled into it and not tried to stab it? Drove me crazy for a couple of days! But new dizzy is on the way! Should be here Friday! Hopefully get it dropped in and the card re adjusted and maybe splash this puppy this weekend...  😎

jimsplace

Patchman said:
Congrats man, don't you love those mysterious problems like that! :smile17:

Yea, I agree.
What I like is learning from others problems.  I don't do well learning from my own problems.
  :smile17: