My new bullet

Chevy2184

Got my pump dropped off with Mickey snider in rio medina... Had spoken with both texas jet and EO speed about going through the pump... Guys were just to far away if I needed to fine tune the pump any? Mickey is only 45 min from me! I had had numerous conversations with texas jet and had spoken with EO several times as well... And thanked them for their time and input! Just to long of a haul... I think Mickey is going to do me a fine job! He's going to get the shaft and impeller balanced and go ahead and set the bearing cap up for a ratchet so next year I can off set the pump and install the ratchet... It's getting closer... 😊

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Chevy2184

Well finally got it set in the boat and plumbed and wired this weekend and got to hear it make a little noise... Still need to get it out side maybe this coming weekend so I can get it on the hose and set the timing and dial in the carb... But she's ALIVE! 😎👍🏻

Chevy2184

I am waiting to get my lifters back from morel? After we got done dynoing the motor, put it back in the boat and got it on the hose to set the timing and could not get the lifters to stay adjusted? (Pumped up) called straub and sent them back to him to get them to morel? After trying to adjust them 2 or 3 times? He was trying to say the oil was to heavy? Don't know about all that? Run the motor on the dyno with straight vr-1 30 weight? And had to readjust them? So then switched to vr-1 straight 40 weight? He said I should be running a 15w-40 oil? I don't know? A couple of them acted like they weren't pumping up at all? Hopefully I will get them back this coming week?

Chevy2184

I did get the mufflers cut off the headers and got my new collectors welded on and got them coated...

Chevy2184

Old headers...

b077284b954ee4003329f4355bd06c07.jpg

Chevy2184

Also got another scoop for it and got ol Bert88 to help me make it match...

309d93539feb64f1500a68a6a2951a1f.jpg
7e20955bc491dbfb97feb9002e1d8803.jpg

Chevy2184

Ask me what happens when you fire up a 632" vacuum pump up with the scoop plug still in... 😳

8bd106a28032ea2cea2c0021d9bcd715.jpg
b1741532c3222ff169438f1d86d55d18.jpg

Chevy2184

Well I had purchased the first scoop unknowing that it had already been reglassed on the inside? Witch I'm sure didn't help things none... But glad it did it in the shop and not rattle apart going across the lake or being trailered down the road...

73 Sanger Flat

I did the same thing on my 555 on year .. It went boom and totaled that scoop.. I did not think an engine vacuum would do that, but I was wrong .. Now I drill a few extra holes in the scoop tray to maybe stop this in case I forget to pull the plug again ..

Chevy2184

Yes sir!! She has a couple 3/4" diameter holes drilled in the tray now... 😎👍🏻

EOSpeed

YOU ARE HARD ON PARTS. DID YOU GET THE LIFTERS FIXED. I HAD THAT HAPPEN TO MOTOR ONCE. CHANGED FROM A SOLID ROLLER TO HYD. DIDNT TAKE THE RESTRICTORS PLUGS OUT OF THE OIL GALLERY HOLES. IT DIDNT HAVE THE OIL PRESSER TO MAKE THEM WORK. LIKE THE NEW SCOOP.
                                                                      :smile17:

Chevy2184

I checked with straub this morning? He said he should know something today or tomorrow? I have never had them do that? It was getting to the point when it would start rattling, mind you holding 70 pounds of oil pressure, we would shut the motor off and pull the valve covers re run the valves and fire it back up and then we would have one to two dead holes cause it was holding intake valves open? But for them to tell me it was because I ran to thick of oil?? 40 weight and not 15w-40? I kinda call bs on that?

Chevy2184

EOSpeed said:
YOU ARE HARD ON PARTS. DID YOU GET THE LIFTERS FIXED. I HAD THAT HAPPEN TO MOTOR ONCE. CHANGED FROM A SOLID ROLLER TO HYD. DIDNT TAKE THE RESTRICTORS PLUGS OUT OF THE OIL GALLERY HOLES. IT DIDNT HAVE THE OIL PRESSER TO MAKE THEM WORK. LIKE THE NEW SCOOP.
                                                                      :smile17:

Thank you sir! Sure anxious to get it on the boat for good...