My new bullet

Chevy2184

The little pump gas motor did

852.9 hp at 5700
882.9 trq at 4600

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

galen

DISTURBED said:
  Excellent. I kept thinking I should go with my gut which was 885/843. The 632 and a smaller head and cam had me second guessing. I wouldn't change a thing. It will pull like hell and last forever at that rpm. clap.gif  I would like to have that in my car.

Chevy2184

Now the million dollar question? What would you set the impeller up to pull 5600-5700 and let er eat?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
These V-DRIVE Guys are gonna be lost on that one. Hell with that power it should be a AA I'm guessing.  :grin:

Chevy2184

I'm with disturbed! I think I left a little hp on the table? But don't know if I need to chase it when it's making good torque down low like that?

73 Sanger Flat

Patchman said:
These V-DRIVE Guys are gonna be lost on that one. Hell with that power it should be a AA I'm guessing.  :grin:
you are right , but I could call EO and ask him what he would do .. 

Disturbed

Chevy2184 said:
Now the million dollar question? What would you set the impeller up to pull 5600-5700 and let er eat?

Impellers are for pumping water for cooling.  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Disturbed

Chevy2184 said:
The little pump gas motor did

852.9 hp at 5700
882.9 trq at 4600

What was the torque at 5700 RPM?    think.gif

Knotty Girl

Patchman said:

You need over 1000hp for an AA, but what do I know I'm a V-drive guy.  I know that was what I was told when we built the Barker pump.

Disturbed

Knotty said:
Patchman said:

You need over 1000hp for an AA, but what do I know I'm a V-drive guy.  I know that was what I was told when we built the Barker pump.

Barker?  Or, Baker?
Your dog is a barker.  LOL  crazy.gif

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
Knotty said:
Patchman said:

Barker?  Or, Baker?
Your dog is a barker.  LOL  crazy.gif

Yes it was a Baker with Bark.  :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
OK an A High Helix then! :smile17: I have no idea, just throwing something out there! :smile14:

galen

What hydraulic roller lifters are you using. I would like to try something close to that profile in a little 470 I am building for my 68 gtx.

Chevy2184

Galen the cam, lifters, and springs all came from straub?

EOSpeed

THAT MUCH POWER AT 5700 YOU WANT A 9.5 IMP. AND ONE OF HENRY INDUCER. A 17-4 PUMP SHAFT. IF IT IS TO BIG YOU CAN CUT IT DOWN. DAL PIN THE BOWL AND BORE IT OUT FOR THE 9.5 IMP. DOUBLE BOLT THE BEARING CAP OR USE A RATCHET.
                                                                  :smile17:

EOSpeed

817-996-4431 CALL ANY TIME.
                                                            :smile17: