maiden voyage, needs more power.

blazeracer

SimplyOrange said:
not bad for a rookie, starting on the rear seat today. we are really slow to make sure it doesnt mess up, checking things 5 times before i cut or stitch, i did the designs and measurements and my fiancee does the sewing because i quickly learned that i do not know how to use a sewing machine...

That's totally awesome!! Cliff, you NEED this.

SimplyOrange

thanks, the custom decals should be showing up this week and hopefuuly ill get the rest of the interior wrapped up so we can go test run it. it sure sounds nice on the trailer.

the name of the boat is:

"S.S. MORE POWERFUL THAN SUPERMAN, BATMAN, SPIDERMAN, AND THE INCREDIBLE HULK PUT TOGETHER"

(somebody is going to know where thats from)

Crusader

blazeracer said:
SimplyOrange said:
not bad for a rookie, starting on the rear seat today. we are really slow to make sure it doesnt mess up, checking things 5 times before i cut or stitch, i did the designs and measurements and my fiancee does the sewing because i quickly learned that i do not know how to use a sewing machine...

Yep, you are correct...I was thinking the same thing!

A scoop on the Crusader would look awesome!!!!

ChryslerJet

Crusader said:
blazeracer said:
SimplyOrange said:

Yep, you are correct...I was thinking the same thing!

A scoop on the Crusader would look awesome!!!!
CJ is wondering if maybe Cliff is thinking since the Crusader can't blow the tops off his passengers that maybe he can suck them off with a scoop.  CJ still doesn't want a ride in the Crusader.

YB 468

ChryslerJet said:
SimplyOrange said:
ChryslerJet said:
Looks good, where you getting the foam for the seats and what kind are you getting?

you want all of my secrets dont you?

Eva-dri marine foam. i just ordered all of the stuff to cut and sew my own upholstery. if i get it figured out the only thing on the planet i have not mastered is automatic transmissions.i think i have worked on everything else.

http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/foam-and-pillows/foam/outdoor-foam/eva-dri-foam.htm?N=10685
Yes I do want all the secrets of the universe.  BTW I can share the secrets of the automatic transmission.

Automatic transmission is a art to rebuild properly. Takes years to learn it properly.  The day of the 727, th400, th350,c6, c4 is all over. Its all about electronics not days. Did it for 15 years and with dealer warranties and extended warranties independantely owned and honest tranny shop are becoming extinct. The ones that are left most of the bussiness is hot rod trannies.

Looking good clap.gif I did mine all myself also and it wasn't eazy I give props to all them folks at them there upholstery shops! I just thought they was always over priced!  crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Man that back seat looks like what I need for my Sanger! :smile16: Nice job! clap.gif

SimplyOrange

just gotta buy some spacers for the speakers, cut the holes and put them in tomorrow and its going back in the boat. my first ever upholstery job.....its HARD....

Nice job! I'm working on cutting my plywood for new upholstery. It is a lot more difficult than I had planned! Enjoy, JR clap.gif

SimplyOrange

the wood was easy for me, the sewing and design is a PITA.

here it is done, the next pics will beof the finished interior installed.

Attachments

• 2013-02-16_12-02-58_116.jpg
    2013-02-16_12-02-58_116.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
  • 2013-02-16_12-03-15_118.jpg
    2013-02-16_12-03-15_118.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 163

SimplyOrange

i put the decals on it this weekend, i made the declas from scratch using autocad and had a friend cut them on a plotter.  this project is basically complete, i just have to install the rub rail insert and go test run it.. vid of the test run to come.

SimplyOrange

thanks for the compliments, i had a vision of what i wanted it to be and it came out just the way i had imagined. if my allycat comes out the way im imagining it then its going to be 10X nicer.

scarabscs

It doesnt always come out the way you want.... but when it does it so rewarding.  clap.gif

Ive got a vision of a Vdrive setup ive been dreaming about.... when i become a big boy ($$$$) ill build it, lol