maiden voyage, needs more power.

SimplyOrange

made the first test run in my mini day cruiser today, as you can see the ride plate needs to come up and the jetovator stopped working just before i left the house, it will only turn the impeller 4000 rpms, im hoping i can get them up a little with the jetovator fixed and a ride plate adjustment.it didnt blow up so its still a good day  :smile17:

HellinnFrnt

Patch is gonna be jealous ... his won't do a wheelie without 2 BBC's in tow ... and btw I don't think you need to change a thing

you need to ditch that jetovator, its the electric one right? get rid of that and put a manual diverter on it., atleast you guys were in the water!

SimplyOrange

soldier of fortune said:
you need to ditch that jetovator, its the electric one right? get rid of that and put a manual diverter on it., atleast you guys were in the water!

i think thats a great idea, i was wanting to do that as soon at the jetovator broke....well it did and quickly. keep eyes open for a cheap cable and lever.it can be ugly as hell.

SimplyOrange said:
soldier of fortune said:

i think thats a great idea, i was wanting to do that as soon at the jetovator broke....well it did and quickly. keep eyes open for a cheap cable and lever.it can be ugly as hell.
give kieth a call you have his number right he probbably has one.

SimplyOrange

soldier of fortune said:
SimplyOrange said:
soldier of fortune said:

give kieth a call you have his number right he probbably has one.

will do, i lost his number but i have his screen name on another forum and can get in touch with him.

btw, the pic is the video for those that dont know.

SimplyOrange

Crusader said:
Looks like its hauling along well to me.

its ok, but judging by the angle of the ride plate and how the boat is running, i think it has some more in it with some adjustments.it was trimmed way down, if i could have got the pump up a little i think it wold have ran up to 4500rpm.gonna play with it this week and maybe try again next weekend.

77Jet Star

Looks good but its funny in video 1 it looks like blue smoke comming out of the cockpit area at times .  Any way nice job .  jump.gif

simply lives over near baton rouge,la. looks great in the vids jarrod, did ya'll gps it? a diverter would probably get more of the boat out of the water, and give  ya a little more speed.

SimplyOrange

thats the amite river from french settlement headed north, there is blue smoke iun the vid, it was a shakedown run and had a small valve cover leak.i only ran it for about 10 or 15 minutes to find the problems.