maiden voyage, needs more power.

spd500

Yeah , at least with mine there were no old wires to mess with . I think people really get carried away with too much wiring for these old boats . I have everything I am supposed to have and only half as much wiring as a lot of boats I have seen .

SimplyOrange

it wasnt bad, the factory wiring was ran according to standard boat rigging wiring colors, there is also a quick connect box that i labeled when i hooked all the wiring to the motor, basically i just had to remove all of the red wires he had running off of the key.

spd500

I didn't know there was a marine standard wiring code  crazy.gif mine is all color coded wiring , but not really wired to meet any standard wiring code other than red - hot and black - ground  think.gif

SimplyOrange

SPD said:
I didn't know there was a marine standard wiring code  crazy.gif mine is all color coded wiring , but not really wired to meet any standard wiring code other than red - hot and black - ground  think.gif

there isnt exactly a one set one but there is a general standard, look it up,pink for fuel sender,tan for fuel gauge etc. .and this one is wired that way. i looked it up top wire my martini properly, then was able to reference to decifer the wiring on this boat.there are different charts but they all follow about the same color standard, and although not exact, the colors in my boat matched that charts other than not having many striped wires.

just because you dont know doesnt mean it dont exist... it just means you dont know everything like you thought you did. :smile30:

http://www.marinesurveysplus.com/boatwiring.aspx

SimplyOrange

a little texture on the swim platform...

spd, you think the wiring on this one was bad, check out the before pic of my cat.

Attachments

• 2012-10-13_10-22-14_730.jpg
    2012-10-13_10-22-14_730.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 174

spd500

Yeah , some people shouldn't be allowed to wire thier own boats . Looks like you might pull some wires loose just trying to steer the boat .

SimplyOrange

apparently when they lost a connection to something, instead of finding the loose connection they would add anoither wire and never remove the old. there was 2 sets of wiring in there not including the original stuff. and they dont believe in cutting wire the proper length, just cut 3' of wire and wrap the excess around everything. i pulled enough spare wire to fill a 2.5 gallon bucket.

SimplyOrange

a little vid, we had just got it to idle. i just have to put the rub rail on, have the rear interior wrapped, install windshield and decals and its done.

SimplyOrange

all i have left is to upholster the rear seat and sunpad, and put the decals on, i have the decals being designed now and am about to order the foam for the seats.

Attachments

• 2012-11-23_09-26-55_967.jpg
    2012-11-23_09-26-55_967.jpg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 95

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's got that 80's James Bond look! I think it looks cool man! Congrats on a job well done! clap.gif :smile16:

SimplyOrange

ChryslerJet said:
Looks good, where you getting the foam for the seats and what kind are you getting?

you want all of my secrets dont you?

Eva-dri marine foam. i just ordered all of the stuff to cut and sew my own upholstery. if i get it figured out the only thing on the planet i have not mastered is automatic transmissions.i think i have worked on everything else.

http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/foam-and-pillows/foam/outdoor-foam/eva-dri-foam.htm?N=10685

SimplyOrange

Patchman said:
It's got that 80's James Bond look! I think it looks cool man! Congrats on a job well done! clap.gif :smile16:

thanks, i sold it to my friend already, hes just waiting to pick it up, i wonder if he will let me name it "Octopussy"

ChryslerJet

SimplyOrange said:
ChryslerJet said:
Looks good, where you getting the foam for the seats and what kind are you getting?

you want all of my secrets dont you?

Eva-dri marine foam. i just ordered all of the stuff to cut and sew my own upholstery. if i get it figured out the only thing on the planet i have not mastered is automatic transmissions.i think i have worked on everything else.

http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/foam-and-pillows/foam/outdoor-foam/eva-dri-foam.htm?N=10685
Yes I do want all the secrets of the universe.  BTW I can share the secrets of the automatic transmission.

SimplyOrange

not bad for a rookie, starting on the rear seat today. we are really slow to make sure it doesnt mess up, checking things 5 times before i cut or stitch, i did the designs and measurements and my fiancee does the sewing because i quickly learned that i do not know how to use a sewing machine...

Attachments

• 2013-01-27_21-03-10_785.jpg
    2013-01-27_21-03-10_785.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109