Hate mail for the Patch

Devilman

You can measure the openings on the impeller to find out what you have. Found this stuff for Richard when he was trying to figure out what he had, seemed to work for him.

This:

I found this so far as far as physical measurements go:

not always. measure it and it will tell you exacly what you have.
quote from (seloc publications marine jet drive) book
berkely impeller specification
berk (a2) large dia. 9" small dia. 7 7/16" machined angle 57.5
berk (a) large dia. 9" small dia 7 1/4 " machined angle 60
hope this helps

taken from this thread, there are some pics: http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/10176-a2-impeller-differences-what-they.html

And this:

Here is a thread with the pics I think we were talking about...

http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/5922-impellers.html

Not sure how to get the pic to transfer over here, but its the 7th post in the thread by bp298... Chart is referring to Dominator impellers, but the pic should give you an idea where to apply those measurements I sent you in that other message?

Hope that helps ya, let me know....

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well because I had a friend with me, he noticed the motor jumping around. So when I went out solo, I looked and went O'chit! It jumps up about 4". So I will first fix that. The other habit I have is making too many adjustments at once. Instead I need to go try one adjustment, then make another and try it again. It's hard when you get fired up and just want it to work. So I will plan a time and a place, and see what I can come up with.  :smile30: I always appreciate everyone's input. I also have been on a few other sites, and Sangers are known for porpoising. But everyone has said the same thing, trash the OE rideplate and install a real ride plate that has enough surface area to do something. I'm not expecting 100MPH, I just want a boat that will run out with out jumping around. :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
You can measure the openings on the impeller to find out what you have. Found this stuff for Richard when he was trying to figure out what he had, seemed to work for him.

This:

I found this so far as far as physical measurements go:

not always. measure it and it will tell you exacly what you have.
quote from (seloc publications marine jet drive) book
berkely impeller specification
berk (a2) large dia. 9" small dia. 7 7/16" machined angle 57.5
berk (a) large dia. 9" small dia 7 1/4 " machined angle 60
hope this helps

taken from this thread, there are some pics: http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/10176-a2-impeller-differences-what-they.html

And this:

Here is a thread with the pics I think we were talking about...

http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/5922-impellers.html

Not sure how to get the pic to transfer over here, but its the 7th post in the thread by bp298... Chart is referring to Dominator impellers, but the pic should give you an idea where to apply those measurements I sent you in that other message?

Hope that helps ya, let me know....
I believe I will have to take it apart and measure it. I don't know how much that could have to do with the problem though. It will be tha last thing on my list of crap to try! :smile30: Thanks for the info man! :grin:

Devilman

No personal experience with them, but have read lots of times that those short factory rideplates are pretty much worthless.

And when you go out & are trying things/making changes to the boat.... document what you do so you an keep track of what helps, what does not. :wink:

Disturbed

Devilman said:
No personal experience with them, but have read lots of times that those short factory rideplates are pretty much worthless.

And when you go out & are trying things/making changes to the boat.... document what you do so you an keep track of what helps, what does not. :wink:

This is hate mail thread!!!!!!

None of that helpful chit is allowed!

Only comments like this,

Put a prop on it!!!  That'll fix it!!!  :smile30:

lol 

crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I'm thinking! So if I show up with a pen and a note pad, I don't want you guys to laugh or draw nasty cartoons on it! :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
Devilman said:

This is hate mail thread!!!!!!

None of that helpful chit is allowed!

Only comments like this,

Put a prop on it!!!  That'll fix it!!!  :smile30:

lol 

crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif
Talk about adding to the problem! crazy.gif

Devilman

Patchman said:
I believe I will have to take it apart and measure it. I don't know how much that could have to do with the problem though. It will be tha last thing on my list of crap to try! :smile30: Thanks for the info man! :grin:

Ya, I would save taking it apart for later... I would say bring the Sanger down here one weekend, we could go to the river & you'd have the perfect environment for testing & making hardware changes. You'd have to get it figured out pretty quick though cuz if there are porpoises in the river again, they may try & adopt your boat as family, lol...

Disturbed

Devilman said:
Patchman said:

Ya, I would save taking it apart for later... I would say bring the Sanger down here one weekend, we could go to the river & you'd have the perfect environment for testing & making hardware changes. You'd have to get it figured out pretty quick though cuz if there are porpoises in the river again, they may try & adopt your boat as family, lol...

Did you know that Dolphins are the only other mammals that have sex for pleasure........ 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
So what you are saying, is for me to bring my boat over there for some dolphin sex. Hell that just mite fix it, and I could send the video to Esa and Jetstar so they could make another nature film. Sounds win win to me! :grin:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
So what you are saying, is for me to bring my boat over there for some dolphin sex. Hell that just mite fix it, and I could send the video to Esa and Jetstar so they could make another nature film. Sounds win win to me! :grin:

ROFLMAO!  I don't think we need any more nature films!!!!!!!  :smile23:

Devilman

DISTURBED said:
Did you know that Dolphins are the only other mammals that have sex for pleasure........

Patch may end up finally getting a name for his boat... may not be one he wants, but it'll get one nonetheless...lol :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually if we were smart, we would put all the nice figured ladies in my boat and let them make a pass. It would be like a Jello commercial! clap.gif clap.gif :grin:

Knotty Girl

Patchman said:
Actually if we were smart, we would put all the nice figured ladies in my boat and let them make a pass. It would be like a Jello commercial! clap.gif clap.gif :grin:

Now your thinking

Gold Member

Crusader said:
Hahaha.

Here's a recap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
now that is some funny $hit right there!! There you go patch, your boat eats anything because it dont give a Shit!