Hate mail for the Patch

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Knotty said:
Did you get the ride plate adjusted?
No, I need to add about a foot to it! If that don't help, I'm sending it to someone in the know, because I sure in the hell don't. :smile25:

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
Since this is a hate mail thread, here's a fist from Alex.  lol

Now that is the funniest post in a long time, and Patch no way do you have a come back for that one clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! He cracked me up all weekend, that is one special little guy, that I hope never changes! He can give his daddy hell to the end! :grin: :grin: clap.gif

Knotty Girl

Patchman said:
Nice! He cracked me up all weekend, that is one special little guy, that I hope never changes! He can give his daddy hell to the end! :grin: :grin: clap.gif

Oh he for sure will be a handfull all his life.  :smile16: :smile16: :smile16:

sturat

Steve do you think you rsled has a big ol hook in it now? If you can not get it settled down it just might be the issue?

77Jet Star

Hate mail for patch    think.gif  This must be one of those weird Ford sites for pervs but perfect for PATCHMAN    :smile20:  Your favorite HATER  JETSTAR  (Keep in mind all coments are directed at Steve and the author is responsible for all coments)Whatever that means just figured I needed a disclaimer of some sort.After all this is a HATE MAIL THREAD    jump.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually have been doing more research, and fixxing the motor mount, adding a real ride plate, and comming to terms with the fact that Sanger Super jets don't like any type of chop. This is what I am finding all over the boards. Plus how you load the boat up. I had full fuel and a bunch of people in it almost all the time. It tried to take a set a couple of times, but I believe it got upset due to water conditions. The previous owner said it was a great river boat, and now I know why. I'm not done yet. crazy.gif :grin:

77Jet Star

Patchman said:
I actually have been doing more research, and fixxing the motor mount, adding a real ride plate, and comming to terms with the fact that Sanger Super jets don't like any type of chop. This is what I am finding all over the boards. Plus how you load the boat up. I had full fuel and a bunch of people in it almost all the time. It tried to take a set a couple of times, but I believe it got upset due to water conditions. The previous owner said it was a great river boat, and now I know why. I'm not done yet. crazy.gif :grin:
Do you think a droop would help?  think.gif

Gold Member

You would think a droop would help. What size is your nozzle patch? I noticed when I put that diverter on my boat with a 1/2in bigger nozzle my boat side a lot of nose bouncing while I was cruising around unless I had it adjusted pointed down. When I have my smaller nozzle on it rides smooth and straight and its not pointed down.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I don't really know the diameter of the nozzle. I believe the boat is capable of riding just fine. I have talked to the original owner, and he did not have the problems I'm having. He took it to Hi-Tech and had them set it up. I've talked to Duane at Hi-Tech, and he pulled the ticket up and we went over it. He took it out to the lake and got some time in the boat. Granted it was three years ago, but there was no note of it still having a problem when he was finished. Plus the owner swore by his work and setup. So that leads me to believe it was right. But he then sold the boat to the next owner, and he said it ran 81 MPH GPS speed until the motor dropped a valve. So he rebuilt the motor, then he took it out and sucked up a glove and trashed the Impeller. He then supposedly went from a A impeller to a AA. The next time out with the boat, had carb and ignition problems. That's when I got it. So now I have to look at all the parts, and see what is wrong. I do know the boat had solid mounts in it,which it has rubber now! crazy.gif I really don't know what the impeller is because I have a receipt that says it was an A not a AA. I really need to go to a river, by my self, and start dialing the boat in. Problem is I always have a bunch of friends and family that want to go with, and I've read where these hulls don't like allot of weight in them. I also have noticed that as I burn the fuel down, it tries to take a set more and more. Everything I have found on this hull so far, points to the ride plate. Tom even worked on one with V-drive plates on it to keep it down. So I know there is an inherent problem somewhere. But I think the ride plate will be part of the solution. And Will probably realize that it won't like rough water. It tried a couple of times to take a set. But something agitated it. It may have even been me!

Gold Member

Well when you go to the river take everyone to the beach to swim then test it by yourself. That's what I have to do because I have the same problem lol!