Fulton Fold Away Neck

77Jet Star

Devilman said:
Cool set-up & nice work on the fold-away.... Really nice to not have to have your boat in storage. I did that for a little while & hated it. Plus the $$$ savings is nice too.

Far as more room in the garage, what is behind that wall? I have seen a couple different pics over the years, where guys would cut out the sheet rock or frame in a cubbyhole, so they could back the boat all the way into the garage & not hit the pump against the wall. On one of them, it went into the living room, the cutout was hidden with an end table. You open the cabinet door & you'd be looking at a Berkeley. :grin: The other one I remember, the garage backed up against his kids bedroom. The guy framed in a "shelf"(for lack of a better word) in the kids bedroom & then put the bed on the shelf, making it into a bunkbed of sorts. Instead of sleeping above another bed, the kid was sleeping above the back of his dad's boat, lol... :cheesy:
I Thought of cutting a hole but that is a brick wall to the back yard and MJ said no way  :smile25:

Crusader

D-man....thats what I did. I cut out a cubby hole into the wal of the garage......there was empty space uder there because the stairs are in that area. So I simply cut out the drywall, added insulation and then framed and boarded up the hole. Now I have a great place to store the lawn mower and lawn crap. I can post up a picture later.

Gold Member

Mine is retractable and I still have to put my boat in at an angle for it to fit. It takes up the hole garage and it has a lot of play so I always think the trailer is loose on the ball when I'm towing. Im going to check into the fold away and see if it will give me more room and then the trailer will be more solid.

77Jet Star

DiamondJim said:
I don't want to jack your thread, but you mentioned safety chains and I thought I Would pass this on. One of my neighbors just got a $150.00 ticket because the safety chains were not crossed.  I never heard of such a thing, but I guess the cops are getting creative in increasing revenues.
I have heard this as well and I always cross them my self.I still have one chain to add.But i got off on this tunnel ram project and have not done it yet.    :smile29:

77Jet Star

Motor Head said:
Mine is retractable and I still have to put my boat in at an angle for it to fit. It takes up the hole garage and it has a lot of play so I always think the trailer is loose on the ball when I'm towing. Im going to check into the fold away and see if it will give me more room and then the trailer will be more solid.
Mine has zero Slack in it.I all so thought about moving the boat up a couple of inches on the bunks to get more room but didnt need to.

Devilman

JETSTAR said:
I Thought of cutting a hole but that is a brick wall to the back yard and MJ said no way  :smile25:

I would say no way to that too, lol...

Besides, you cut a hole in that wall & then you may have to deal with Patch showing up at your house with a load of bricks when you go to cover it back up. :undecided: :tongue: :laugh:

Gold Member

Crusader said:
D-man....thats what I did. I cut out a cubby hole into the wal of the garage......there was empty space uder there because the stairs are in that area. So I simply cut out the drywall, added insulation and then framed and boarded up the hole. Now I have a great place to store the lawn mower and lawn crap. I can post up a picture later.
. Lol funny I been trying to talk Shannon into letting me do the same thing but the wall backs up to the laundry room and it's not very big.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
JETSTAR said:

I would say no way to that too, lol...

Besides, you cut a hole in that wall & then you may have to deal with Patch showing up at your house with a load of bricks when you go to cover it back up. :undecided: :tongue: :laugh:
Cut the brick, cut the brick! :evil:

Devilman

Crusader said:

Hell ya... clap.gif I'll post those pics of what I was talking about if I can find them. :cheesy:

On the trailer chains, my dad taught me that about crossing the chains years ago, never knew it was a law though. A trailer I borrowed recently to move, the chains are attached to a loop, so there is no real way to cross them. Kinda odd set-up I thought...

Crusader

Okay, I hope to have the picture of the cubby hole I made here in a few minutes.

I didn't cross my chains until I took the Boaters safety course this past spring. It makes total sense as to why the chains should be crossed....helps keep the trailer tongue from hitting the ground in case the tongue pops off the trailer ball.

I've been crossing my chains ever since spring and I have been towing things for 30 years.

Crusader

Devilman said:
Crusader said:

Hell ya... clap.gif I'll post those pics of what I was talking about if I can find them. :cheesy:

On the trailer chains, my dad taught me that about crossing the chains years ago, never knew it was a law though. A trailer I borrowed recently to move, the chains are attached to a loop, so there is no real way to cross them. Kinda odd set-up I thought...

Here ya go D-man....this is what I did. Notice the indent from the stairs above the cubby hole? That's how I knew there was a void under the stairs that I could use.

spd500

There used to be pics on here where a guy cut a hole under the bathroom vanity for his boat to fit in the garage . He had pics from under the vanity with the pump sticking through the hole , lol .