Fulton Fold Away Neck

KONA77

looks to me,  your good just the way you are,  if it was me,  i wouldn't do a damn thing but enjoy having your boat home.  :smile17:

77Jet Star

KONA said:
looks good jetstar,  good job  clap.gif  the other option you coulda gone with was more garage  :smile16:
Yea  a little bit of price difference though.  :smile15:                         

77Jet Star

KONA said:
looks to me,  your good just the way you are,  if it was me,  i wouldn't do a damn thing but enjoy having your boat home.  :smile17:
Thanks now I can clean it up right when I am done and dont have to hurry to put it up.    jump.gif

77Jet Star

soldier of fortune said:
have you towed the boat anywhere with that yet?
Yea I towed it about 5 miles seems fine so far I guess time will tell. It has zero play at that fold when you lock it out.  :smile27:

Crusader

I thought the same thing about relocating the jack to behind the joint. Also, I'm sure that only one side of the joint will hold the weight of the trailer and boat just fine. If the joint didn't hold up, I'd be suspicious of the entire joint.

Typically on the newer trailers the tongue jack is located behind the joint.

KONA77

JETSTAR said:
KONA said:
yall kill me,  always over analysing  :laugh:
It's winter what do expect.It's either this and look busy or help MJ do house stuff  :smile29:

:laugh: :laugh: if ya help MJ with the house work she might give you enough money for the carbs  think.gif

jdeaton

I don't want to jack your thread, but you mentioned safety chains and I thought I Would pass this on. One of my neighbors just got a $150.00 ticket because the safety chains were not crossed.  I never heard of such a thing, but I guess the cops are getting creative in increasing revenues. 

Crusader

Jim, safety chains are supposed to be crossed. I did a boaters safety course in the spring and that's one of the things they mentions. It's to help catch the trailer tongue from hitting the ground if the trailer comes unhitched from the ball. Makes sense to me.

I'm not sure the law though.

spd500

That is exactly correct . I have had a trailer come loose on the freeway before . With the chains crossed under the trailer it never touched the ground , just had to pull over and rehitch the trailer . In this case it was because the hitch on the trailer was bad , we ended up replacing it .

Crusader said:
Jim, safety chains are supposed to be crossed. I did a boaters safety course in the spring and that's one of the things they mentions. It's to help catch the trailer tongue from hitting the ground if the trailer comes unhitched from the ball. Makes sense to me.

i am

DiamondJim said:
I don't want to jack your thread, but you mentioned safety chains and I thought I Would pass this on. One of my neighbors just got a $150.00 ticket because the safety chains were not crossed.  I never heard of such a thing, but I guess the cops are getting creative in increasing revenues.

actually it has been like that for years i got a ticket for the same thing about 7-8 years ago!

and they check it at all tunnels

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Crusader said:

Did they cover boating at nite with excessively loud music? think.gif :grin:

Crusader

soldier of fortune said:
Crusader said:

i am

Okay, great! Please quote the law and reference it please.....I'm curious  think.gif

Crusader

Patchman said:
Crusader said:

Did they cover boating at nite with excessively loud music? think.gif :grin:

Yep, as long as you're done before midnight.....oh, and you're running blue underwater lights off the back of your boat....oh and have two chicks on board with lots of beers!!

I think that's all okay. Lol.

Devilman

Cool set-up & nice work on the fold-away.... Really nice to not have to have your boat in storage. I did that for a little while & hated it. Plus the $$$ savings is nice too.

Far as more room in the garage, what is behind that wall? I have seen a couple different pics over the years, where guys would cut out the sheet rock or frame in a cubbyhole, so they could back the boat all the way into the garage & not hit the pump against the wall. On one of them, it went into the living room, the cutout was hidden with an end table. You open the cabinet door & you'd be looking at a Berkeley. :grin: The other one I remember, the garage backed up against his kids bedroom. The guy framed in a "shelf"(for lack of a better word) in the kids bedroom & then put the bed on the shelf, making it into a bunkbed of sorts. Instead of sleeping above another bed, the kid was sleeping above the back of his dad's boat, lol... :cheesy: