Enforcer Project renamed, Junk Yard Dog.

neverenuf

blazeracer said:
I think the D0VE heads from the old Glastron motor have less miles than the D8VE heads on the Lincoln motor, by a long shot.

No porting or anything like that. I'll lap my own valves, put on new seals, ream and hone the cylinders myself. I'll have Blaines hot tank the block and heads, that's all I'm paying for. Gaskets, rings and bearings is all the motor's getting. I can reuse my old cam and lifters from the Glastron also. Or since I just bought a bigger VooDoo for the Glastron I can put the little VooDoo in this motor. Can the stock exhaust springs handle .582 lift?

The most lift I would go on stock heads would be 530 lift......with comp cams #926 springs...they fit the stock spring pockets on the heads.....above 530 lift the retainers will hit the tops of the valve guides or coil bind the springs....I ran a 460 with D3 heads stock pedestal rockers, comp cams 280H and #926 springs without any problems.....

blazeracer

Headers arrived. This guy knows how to ship them!! He put a box around the flange, bubble wrapped the rest, taped all that, then wrapped in brown paper and taped over again. Cost $20 for each one. There was one guy on Ebay wanting $150 for shipping on his. Anyway, they arrived undented. The chrome is not in great shape but the headers are intact and will do the job. They came with the water lines too!! They are dent free so they could be rechromed in the future and look totally awesome, but that's not in the cards for the $2k jet boat.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
blazeracer said:
Since the chrome is ugly I could lop off the ends and weld on some Flowmaster race mufflers.

Just cutting the bell off will quite them down.  It acts like a megaphone.  I have a set of mufflers if you want to try them.  I bought them for $25 and the guy said he was using them in bell end Bassetts.

blazeracer

Crusader said:
That looks pretty good James. When are you going to clean that motor up and tear into it??

Last Mohican said:
Just cutting the bell off will quite them down.  It acts like a megaphone.  I have a set of mufflers if you want to try them.  I bought them for $25 and the guy said he was using them in bell end Bassetts.

I'll probably tear the motor down tomorrow morning and get the block and heads up to Blaine's. All the stuff for the internals on the motor arrived too so it may be all together by the end of next week. Oh, add to earlier post about the block, I'll get new freeze plugs and cam bearings installed also in addition to hot tanked and magnflux'd.

$25 for both? I'll take them. I don't want it too loud. Kinda loud is ok though..

Gonna still need a carb too. There's a rebuilt Holley 850dp on CL for $200 right now, but if anyone on here has one I'd rather buy that one.