Enforcer Project renamed, Junk Yard Dog.

jdeaton

Just got off the phone with Randall, he has a 30 over 460 Ford.  With his motor and the parts I have you could have a 13 to 1 beast in your lite weight boat.  I don't want to rush you but there are others on the site that have expressed an intrest in some of the parts.  Call me and lets talk it over before it's to late.  I think a package deal will be to both of our advantages.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Motor Head said:
It will be hard to build it for 2k with it needing interior. If he gets all that ford stuff that diamondjim is selling all he will need is a short block to re ring and bearing. An LS motor makes a lot of HP for its size but its still too small of a motor to have a lot of torque in the rpm range you need it to have it for a jet unless its super light.

Your right the interior will make it hard.  I stick by the LS motor though.  Motor plates are going to be pretty close to the same price no mater what platform.  I agree a stock iron LS out of a truck is not going to be a 75 MPH boat BUT there are tons of aftermarket parts out there.  Once the stock motor is in and proven it will be cheap to make bigger power.  The only parts that may drive the cost up are headers and PTO.  The headers can be built from a $150 sprint car header kit.  Just check sandeggo's thread.  The PTO will have to be purchased new.  Other than that everything else is as cheap or cheaper than any other platform.

There are tons of F-bodies, Corvettes and GM trucks out there.  Used LS performance parts are plentiful and cheap.  Hell a buddy of mine recently had a motor put in his Tahoe.  $1800 for a rebuilt long block with 3 year warranty installed.  Show me another platform where you can do that.  Much less a platform with 6 bolt mains, aluminum heads and full roller valve train that has been proven to support 500+ HP on the stock bottom end.  James is resourceful.  I think he could get it done no problem scouring ebay and CL for a used parts.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
One last thing sandego pushed his boat to 78 MPH with a basically stock 5.3 truck motor.  His boat might be a little lighter since it is a 16 footer but those are still damn good numbers.

blazeracer

Yeah, got a title with it. Looks like I found some Chevy headers for $300. Can't beat that. I'll know more tomorrow, but I took it to Lavon tonight to show it. Now it will go under a cover till summer is over while I run lots of gas through the Glastron.

For this boat, I just want to get it rescued, running reliably, and back on the water for cheap and get it moved to a loving home for a small rehoming fee. Then be on the lookout for a TX-19 for an LSX motor.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Sounds like you have a plan.  You might check with Jimmy about the motor plates off his old boat.  They were slightly bent from the accident but looked like they could be straightened out.  Not sure if he is going to use them or not.

This thread is worth looking at.  It's long but like there is a ton of good info on making parts using tools you probably already have and the finished product is stellar.

http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/10678-73-kona-resto-build-ii.html

blazeracer

Just picked up a set of water injected BBF headers for $199.99 SHIPPED!! Looks like the Enforcer is gonna be Ford powered. I wasn't partial to either. The water injected headers made the call. Been looking daily on Ebay for headers since I got the boat. Some just popped up today, and are now on their way to TX.

There's a guy with BBC headers on there for $199 with $150 shipping in about the same condition as the ones I just scored for $199 shipped.

Now I need a Ford cradle and bell housing.

Oh, sanding the bottom for paint has begun....

blazeracer

DiamondJim said:
Got it, three point mounts, $50.00, you want?  I'll bring to Dallas next time I'm up there.

That will work. How about a bell housing?

Also, do I need a different PTO? It has the PTO now but the original motor was an Olds.

jdeaton

I'm sending you everything you will need to install the Ford in your new project, bell housing and two moter mounts that bolt through the stringers.  Let me go through my Ford pile and see if I have an extra PTO adapter.  You have the H-bar (drive shaft), all you need is the PTO adapter, Right?

blazeracer

DiamondJim said:
I'm sending you everything you will need to install the Ford in your new project, bell housing and two moter mounts that bolt through the stringers.  Let me go through my Ford pile and see if I have an extra PTO adapter.  You have the H-bar (drive shaft), all you need is the PTO adapter, Right?

KONA said:
scratch last post, jim's got ya covered  clap.gif

Yes, I have the H-bar with what I would assume to be an Olds adapter on it.

blazeracer

Oh no, I think I need this type bell that attaches to the pump housing. That's what's in my Glastron, and this pump has the same lip the bell mounts to. Unless there's another way these things mount. How does that bell attach to the boat? The front ones would probably work.

Here's a pic of the pump area.

jdeaton

On the bottom of the Bell Housing, there are two holes on each side.  You will need two 3" by 3" angle, aluminum or steel to bolt through those holes and then into the stringers.  I can show you exactly how to do it, let me look when I get home, I may have the angle to finish the install.  As long as your not in a hurry, we can probably put together the whole package.