Enforcer Project renamed, Junk Yard Dog.

jdeaton

If you get Kona's bell housing, will you still need the front mounts? And the PTO adapter?  Just let me know, I'm in no hurry and wont be at my shop for another week, then I'll be busy putting the Glastron together for Welshfest.  Hope you make that pull, I think Kona will be there.

blazeracer

DiamondJim said:
If you get Kona's bell housing, will you still need the front mounts? And the PTO adapter?  Just let me know, I'm in no hurry and wont be at my shop for another week, then I'll be busy putting the Glastron together for Welshfest.  Hope you make that pull, I think Kona will be there.

Yeah, I'll be there for Welchfest with my Glastron. If I get Kona's bell I'll still need the front mounts and a PTO. I'm in no hurry, just started sanding it today.

Gold Member

blazeracer said:
Oh no, I think I need this type bell that attaches to the pump housing. That's what's in my Glastron, and this pump has the same lip the bell mounts to. Unless there's another way these things mount. How does that bell attach to the boat? The front ones would probably work.

Here's a pic of the pump area.
Looks like there isnt a way to bolt rear mounts to the stringers from the picture? Thats probably why it had that type of bell housing.

KONA77

DiamondJim said:

yeah,  he'll need what you have also,  i only have the bell housings...  and yes i will be at welchfest... let the party begin  jump.gif

blazeracer

Just picked up the motor. It came out of a running 78 Lincoln for $200!!

The talley so far on the $2k project...

Boat hull, pump, trailer...        $400
Motor...                                  $200
BBF water injected headers...  $200
Some Interlux primer...          $35
Various sand paper...              $15

Bringing the running total to $850 so far and will pick up more at Welchfest.

blazeracer

Here's a few pics of the $200 motor. The guy threw in a few accessories also. This things loaded with D8VE stuff. I have a set of D0VE heads here too. What's the better choice?

blazeracer

I think the D0VE heads from the old Glastron motor have less miles than the D8VE heads on the Lincoln motor, by a long shot.

No porting or anything like that. I'll lap my own valves, put on new seals, ream and hone the cylinders myself. I'll have Blaines hot tank the block and heads, that's all I'm paying for. Gaskets, rings and bearings is all the motor's getting. I can reuse my old cam and lifters from the Glastron also. Or since I just bought a bigger VooDoo for the Glastron I can put the little VooDoo in this motor. Can the stock exhaust springs handle .582 lift?

blazeracer

Motor Head said:
If you don't have a problem with coil binding you may have a problem with valve float becaus lack of spring pressure.

Then I'll just go with the old Glastron jet boat cam. Got an email update. the headers have shipped. Also bought and paid for gaskets, rings and bearings.

Internals.....  $180 bringing the total spent so far up to $1,030.

WAFOBABY

James while you are working on the bottom end pull those LOADER screws out and I can bring you the  grade eight screws that you can use to drill and tap them all the way threw they are 5/16 by 1 1/4 black oxidize hex head with lock nuts I have a hole box full.  Those loader screws will prob be a mutha to get out..  Let me know.  What color are you going to paint this one?  Also just FYI ET automotive is trying to get rid of all there jet boat parts so you might go ever there and see what they have and can prob get a good deal on it.  I know they had a set of seats over there as well.  If not I can ask my brother what he did with his two front seats he took out of his boat and see if he want to get rid of them.    2000.00 is going to be cutting it close.  I know my brother has 1200.00 in his as you see it is how he got it less seats and scoop and intake.  1000.00 and he was on the water.  But his came with a motor also.

blazeracer

WAFOBABY said:
James while you are working on the bottom end pull those LOADER screws out and I can bring you the  grade eight screws that you can use to drill and tap them all the way threw they are 5/16 by 1 1/4 black oxidize hex head with lock nuts I have a hole box full.  Those loader screws will prob be a mutha to get out..  Let me know.  What color are you going to paint this one?  Also just FYI ET automotive is trying to get rid of all there jet boat parts so you might go ever there and see what they have and can prob get a good deal on it.  I know they had a set of seats over there as well.  If not I can ask my brother what he did with his two front seats he took out of his boat and see if he want to get rid of them.    2000.00 is going to be cutting it close.  I know my brother has 1200.00 in his as you see it is how he got it less seats and scoop and intake.  1000.00 and he was on the water.  But his came with a motor also.

It was already done on this boat. The loader bolts go clear through. I saw where ET has a lot of parts for sale, especially those two fiberglass seat shells.

jdeaton

Has ET got a web site, so the rst of us can see what they have, I know, Randall, Patch and I are jet boat parts hoarders.

blazeracer

DiamondJim said:
Has ET got a web site, so the rst of us can see what they have, I know, Randall, Patch and I are jet boat parts hoarders.

No website that I know of, but it's about 5 mins where I'm at in the next town over. They post a lot of their stuff on CL. Here's a current link.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=21&subAreaID=&query=214-503-1705&catAbb=sss

I want that B impy, and I need a spark arrestor, a water pump block off for a Ford (Just like the one Duane sent me that I didn't need and sent back!!) and probably a few other misc things.

blazeracer

Woe.. They have a left footed hot foot for boats like my Glastron with the steering wheel on the "boat" side..

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/2518263436.html