Did Me a Little Black Friday Shopping

Knotty Girl

customtouch said:
Crusader said:
You can buy an $18 Mr Gasket fuel pump at oreillys and that'll work just fine for you

I guess you get some kind of discount that I don't because when I checked the price on that pump it was $47.00.

You do not need a pump just blow in the hose you can do it!

customtouch

Knotty said:
customtouch said:
Crusader said:
You can buy an $18 Mr Gasket fuel pump at oreillys and that'll work just fine for you

I guess you get some kind of discount that I don't because when I checked the price on that pump it was $47.00.

You do not need a pump just blow in the hose you can do it!

I just bit my tongue almost in half not commenting on that. Just so you know!!!! :grin:

KONA said:
time to pull the tank,  add fuel, add B.Bs and agitate the chit out of it,  dump and repeat  :grin:

If the tank could be removed without cutting up the boat I would have done that a long time ago.

customtouch

After looking at some of the things that have been  on this boat I believe now that you should have to have a license to own hand tools!!!!!! :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:

John

ha ha i know the feeling if you do find a a little blower for the small block ive got just the carb for you, a 4150 800cfm blower carb, then i would go ahead and find a bravo 

customtouch

Well I am just about done with re-rigging and cleaning up the mess that was in the bilge. It was  unfrigging believable. Here is a picture from his add that gives you a little idea of what it was like when I got it (although it doesn't show how nasty dirty it was or all of the "jerry rigging" that was done on it) and a couple of where it is at now. I thought I had the check list of things that needed to be done all caught up so I took it out for a shake down run Sunday. Now I have a whole new list. LOL!!!! It ran great for a little bit until either the fuel filter or the fuel line got clogged. I guess I need to clean on the tank some more but, short lived as it was, I was back on the water in one of my own boats again FINALLY. Woohoo!!!  jump.gif  It is looking like I am going to keep the 305 in it for now at least, unless I need to pull it to do other repairs. If it comes out for some other reason, the 350 will go back in.

Attachments

• DSC_0230.JPG
    DSC_0230.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 126

ChryslerJet

Dave if I had known you needed some of those elbows I have some sitting here that I don't need.  Sorry I didn't know sooner.  They cam with some parts I bought for that boat I had to replace the manifolds and block on last summer that had the side blown out from freezing.  I have a set of those risers too if you ever need a set or a backup.

BTW looks great

galen

Very nice, my wife is wanting something similar. I have a buddy with a 305 that he put a little B&M blower on and I am amazed at the power it pulls. 

customtouch

Thought I was going for another test run this weekend until I checked the oil. Frickin milkshake for oil so I guess the new 350 crate motor is going in after all. I will post some pictures of the crap I have been dealing with and some of the stupid/scary $hit I have found while working on this boat but for now I am going to get a beer!!!! :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:

customtouch

Knotty said:
You will get it. Sorry about the set back.

Ya, I will get it done and I will be happier with the 350 in it anyway, but I originally thought I would be able to devote a couple of weeks to getting it mechanically sound & was beginning to think I was almost there and then BAM!! After seeing all the other things the guy had done on the boat, I would not have trusted that motor anyway. At this point I am not taking ANYTHING for granted and will just go through everything like building it from scratch. It wasn't in the plan but I should know better by now!!!! :smile15: