Calling all V-Drives

73 Sanger Flat

ChryslerJet said:
Knotty said:
Oh no I think if he would have tried you would have been wet.  think.gif
I don't think he wanted me to rip the handle out of his dash.  I had my grip on it so tight my knuckles matched the white in his boat at times.  First ride wasn't sure what to expect.  If I hadn't been holding on I probably would have been wet a couple of times.

Christain do  I need to go back and tighten up my oh Shit handle ? I need some type of a foot rest for the passengers ..One on the stinger would be enough ..  I have been there and it would be nice to be able to hold yourself in the seat better ..

It was nice to meet and visit with Christian and his wife .. They hung out most of the day with us , plus he carried my big heavy Ice chest back to the truck for me after  a long hot day at the lake , so he is not all bad ... LOL

ChryslerJet

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
ChryslerJet said:
Knotty said:
I don't think he wanted me to rip the handle out of his dash.  I had my grip on it so tight my knuckles matched the white in his boat at times.  First ride wasn't sure what to expect.  If I hadn't been holding on I probably would have been wet a couple of times.

Christain do  I need to go back and tighten up my oh s*** handle ? I need some type of a foot rest for the passengers ..One on the stinger would be enough ..  I have been there and it would be nice to be able to hold yourself in the seat better ..

It was nice to meet and visit with Christian and his wife .. They hung out most of the day with us , plus he carried my big heavy Ice chest back to the truck for me after  a long hot day at the lake , so he is not all bad ... LOL
I don't know if you need to tighten it up but it was kinda like riding a bronco bull since you can only get one hand on it and the rest of you is flailing about.  I think next time now that I know how the ride is can go without it since i will be more mentally prepared.  Besides Galen doesn't have one in his but he isn't as crazy as you are.  It was great getting to meet and talk with everyone up there and will come back again if ya'll will have us.  The flight lessons were good too Billy.  I learned a lot from that ride paying attention to your foot work.

Knotty Girl

ChryslerJet said:
Knotty said:

Christain do  I need to go back and tighten up my oh s*** handle ? I need some type of a foot rest for the passengers ..One on the stinger would be enough ..  I have been there and it would be nice to be able to hold yourself in the seat better ..

I have some pegs that do not have a home

73 Sanger Flat

Knotty said:
ChryslerJet said:
Knotty said:

I have some pegs that do no have a home

Henry , how do they mount , do you have a picture of them ? How much ?

73 Sanger Flat

ChryslerJet said:
ChryslerJet said:
Knotty said:

I don't know if you need to tighten it up but it was kinda like riding a bronco bull since you can only get one hand on it and the rest of you is flailing about.  I think next time now that I know how the ride is can go without it since i will be more mentally prepared.  Besides Galen doesn't have one in his but he isn't as crazy as you are.  It was great getting to meet and talk with everyone up there and will come back again if ya'll will have us.  The flight lessons were good too Billy.  I learned a lot from that ride paying attention to your foot work.

The boat sure will fly if you do not let it take a set , if you just nail it and not enough DOWN Pedal , she will jump completely out of the water . My dad told me he could see the prop when we did that .. I know I am  going to get WET one day doing that , but sure is fun .. Apparantly you do not know Galen like I do . You have to rememeber , this  was Galen 2nd outing in his Hydro and he drove it to 119 mph  clap.gif .. Yeah - you may be right . I might be crazier than Galen , I was a pasenger in the Hydro  crazy.gif .. LOL .. I have been told that I am like Paul ( black Hydro) out there and I know he is Crazy ..

Those pedals are your life in a FLAT Bottom boat . Glad you was paying attention to that , it will help you understand how a flat will work and run out like it should .

Knotty Girl

Knotty said:
ChryslerJet said:
Knotty said:

I have some pegs that do no have a home

Henry , how do they mount , do you have a picture of them ? How much ?

PM me your number and I will take a pic of them tonight and text it to you.

73 Sanger Flat

Sorry Henry , my phone does not accept pictures .. It's too old .. How do they mount ? Just one hole throgh the stringer or maybe  a saddle over the stringer? When are you heading back to JJ's , maybe I can look at them there .

ChryslerJet

ChryslerJet said:
ChryslerJet said:
Knotty said:

The boat sure will fly if you do not let it take a set , if you just nail it and not enough DOWN Pedal , she will jump completely out of the water . My dad told me he could see the prop when we did that .. I know I am  going to get WET one day doing that , but sure is fun .. Apparantly you do not know Galen like I do . You have to rememeber , this  was Galen 2nd outing in his Hydro and he drove it to 119 mph  clap.gif .. Yeah - you may be right . I might be crazier than Galen , I was a pasenger in the Hydro  crazy.gif .. LOL .. I have been told that I am like Paul ( black Hydro) out there and I know he is Crazy ..

Those pedals are your life in a FLAT Bottom boat . Glad you was paying attention to that , it will help you understand how a flat will work and run out like it should .

True Galen might have been taking it easy but probably a good thing he did with the Water pump going out that last run.  Paul is definitely crazy he ran that boat hot, I could see it before he attempted to make that last run and then when he came back in the water exit ports were making steam out of the lake water.

On the down pedal I think I have decided to make some modifications to the controls in the boat and try to create way that the original hand crank will still work while having a foot pedal as well.  I have some Ideas need to see if they will work without changing too much of the appearance.

I came up to learn and flooded with info I was.  I am so glad we made the trip and that I worked my tail off with no sleep to be able to bring the Carlson with us.

Knotty Girl

Sorry Henry , my phone does not accept pictures .. It's too old .. How do they mount ? Just one hole throgh the stringer or maybe  a saddle over the stringer? When are you heading back to JJ's , maybe I can look at them there .

I do not remember I think two holes.  The next time I see JJ will be at Tawakoni, he is bringing my rudder.

Dry Dock

"On the down pedal I think I have decided to make some modifications to the controls in the boat and try to create way that the original hand crank will still work while having a foot pedal as well.  I have some Ideas need to see if they will work without changing too much of the appearance."

Here is good way to overide the lock handle with foot pedal. this is setup I ran when I had the old straight flatbottom...........

see page 67 for illustration.

http://www.glenwoodmarine.net/Catalog/COMPLETE%20CATALOG.pdf

galen

Got home this afternoon. Had a good time. Lost my electric pump on the engine cooling loop at the end of the day. Temp went to 270 and blew the coolant out. Calling Meziere tomorrow, you would think a 600 pump would last more than 3 days. Bad part engine is hurt so she is coming out and getting tore down for at least new rings and gaskets. Hoping to be done by September but depends on what I find wrong. Thinking serious on converting to lake water cooling using my belt drive sea water pump..

FL350

Administrator
Damn that sucks. I changing over from the cam driven pump, going to a crossover and going to force feed it.

galen

FL350 said:
Damn that sucks. I changing over from the cam driven pump, going to a crossover and going to force feed it.
  Let me know how it works. I am really thinking about lake water cooling and just getting in the habit of flushing at the end of the day and running anti freeze through it. I am looking at these manifolds, just need to figure out how much flow and maybe dump excess pressure. I have the belt drive sea water pump I use on the lake water side. The closed loop worked great while working, but not sure if I will ever trust the electric pump on the engine loop again. Hurting the engine kind of has me feeling a little sick.

73 Sanger Flat

It is the wise choise to do Galen , you do not want to grenade that engine . Like thay told you , getting that hot and aluminum rods growing that much , it was close to the piston hitting the heads if they did not already .. Maybe just a good inspection and a freshening up and it will be back in the boat in no time ..

Galen I am sure the open system like we all use will work fine , just flush it after the weekend to slow the corrosion down on the heads and block . Those blockes you posted should work fine .. You want more water going over bored than coming in .. I run 2 -8 over and only 1- 8 line in .. So far I have had no problem . Go up to a 10 in and a -size
12 out on your ..

73 Sanger Flat

FL350 said:

Stacey are you having trouble with your current set up .. I know force feeding is only good for racing and not lake use . Correct ?

FL350

Administrator
Nah no troubles with it. But at the race track its kinda a pain carrying a bucket of water going through all that especially when your tuning or working out a problem.