Calling all V-Drives

customtouch

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
That is our ( My Dad and Mine ) Pontoon Boat , Not sure you can keep up with it . It will do an ebay speed of about 82 mph ( actual speed 22 mph ) .. LOL
We would love to have you come join us for the day or weekend .

Hey.........it will out run me BIG TIME right now!!!!  :grin:

Dry Dock

Looks like everyone wussed out Sunday??? but not everyone............. The DD and Running Late came out in the jet as flat still not all together......... close but not quite........... takes more than cool weather and little shower to keep us away........ Sorry could not make Saturday. Looked like a fun but hot day...........

ChryslerJet

Dry Dock said:
Looks like everyone wussed out Sunday??? but not everyone............. The DD and Running Late came out in the jet as flat still not all together......... close but not quite........... takes more than cool weather and little shower to keep us away........ Sorry could not make Saturday. Looked like a fun but hot day...........
Both my wife and I had to work sunday so we drove back home when we left Sat night.  Got back in around 10pm.

galen

It was great talking and spending the day with everyone. I enjoy Texas and the friends I have met every time I come down. It was also good to see Wayne, J and Waynes grandson Sunday. I will keep you all updated on my repairs, and hope to get back down this fall.

customtouch

galen said:
It was great talking and spending the day with everyone. I enjoy Texas and the friends I have met every time I come down. It was also good to see Wayne, J and Waynes grandson Sunday. I will keep you all updated on my repairs, and hope to get back down this fall.
Like to meet up with you one of these days and check out your boat. You dont see that many Chrysler powered boats that haul the mail like yours. Besides, you still owe me a ride in your boat and a beer afterwards for winning the " name your boat" contest. Remember? LOL!!!!

Knotty Girl

galen said:

I hope you come to Tawakoni.  I want to see your boat.  jump.gif

73 Sanger Flat

I sure had fun Saturday -- I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY with my boat  and it came home running and no damages ..

We will try and do this again in September ..

FL350

Administrator
ChryslerJet said:
customtouch said:
It all depend on the wind direction . if the wind is from the South like it was Saturday . It is like this , but it it blows from the North , it can gets bad ..  Of course no wind,  it will nice also , but it sure gets hot with no wind at all ..

If it is Bad at Steel Creek , we can go North about 8-10 miles to Plowman Crek Park  and it will be smooth in Plowman Creek unless it is blowing from the South .. But we can get  some complaints in there for noise  ..

Is it relatively secluded? Normally the biggest problem is other boat traffic but it looks like you guys pretty much had the place to yourself.
  there were a few other boats out there (a couple of pontoons and a couple of family boats) but they tended to stay out of the way, but the biggest challenge was once the jetskis came out they tore up the water quite a bit which made it hard to make passes and when they did I know they were worried the jetskis would get in their way.  I know when I take the carlson out there for the first time i am going to be worried about that.  I don't think JJ was worried about it in his big old lake cruiser though.  Jim sat at the other end for the better part of half an hour waiting to make one pass though.  I think he maybe made 3 runs the entire day.
Galen raced out in front of a pontoon and family boat in order to make a pass before their wake affected his run.
You guys should try circle racing. Waves what waves...

FL350

Administrator
The APBA has a class called Vintage. It would fit in perfect for that. They had 5 vintage hydros at Morgan City, LA. and they ALL recivied tow money.

73 Sanger Flat

I really think I would have fun  Circle racing .. I sure like to flat track my boat like it is .. I may be too dam crazy in a real circle boat , plus I have been known to lay down over 100 mph passes in pretty good waves .. I been called stupid before also after that .. LOL

ChryslerJet

I really think I would have fun  Circle racing .. I sure like to flat track my boat like it is .. I may be too dam crazy in a real circle boat , plus I have been known to lay down over 100 mph passes in pretty good waves .. I been called stupid before also after that .. LOL

You were doing some pretty good circles and turns when I was grabbing the Oh Sh!t handle in your boat.  I could handle most of it the only time I got a little worried was when you hit the brakes.  There was nothing to stop me from going under the dash.

KONA77

ChryslerJet said:

You were doing some pretty good circles and turns when I was grabbing the Oh Sh!t handle in your boat.  I could handle most of it the only time I got a little worried was when you hit the brakes.  There was nothing to stop me from going under the dash.

Billy shoulda tossed his A$$ out....  :smile17:

ChryslerJet

KONA said:
ChryslerJet said:

Billy shoulda tossed his A$$ out....  :smile17:
I think he tried

ChryslerJet

Knotty said:
Oh no I think if he would have tried you would have been wet.  think.gif
I don't think he wanted me to rip the handle out of his dash.  I had my grip on it so tight my knuckles matched the white in his boat at times.  First ride wasn't sure what to expect.  If I hadn't been holding on I probably would have been wet a couple of times.