Brazos River Rat ( Billy's ) Update

73 Sanger Flat

We will know more later when the pan comes off and we check some of the bearings .. I think I damaged some of the valves after it died.. I triied to start it out on the water and I might have bent a few extra valves doing that , plus checking it once I got it on the trailer to see if the cam broke or what ..

jimsplace

How much luck do you need?  You have Galen, JJ and EO for friends.
And, you have me to cheer you on, and your wife to keep you in line.
    :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

I am very lucky in the friends ands family part .. Just need a little luck on the boats stuff .. All in All , I am very lucky to be able to do what I love to do with my boat .. It is a lot of fun and it sure help with relieving the stress ..

customtouch

I would have to agree with you Billy. I wish I was that close to the wealth of knowledge and capable people that you are. It sure would make it easier to work on the Cole instead of trying to figure it out myself. It might even be inspiring enough to get me motivated to work on it more instead of it just collecting dust. :smile19:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
I would have to agree with you Billy. I wish I was that close to the wealth of knowledge and capable people that you are. It sure would make it easier to work on the Cole instead of trying to figure it out myself. It might even be inspiring enough to get me motivated to work on it more instead of it just collecting dust. :smile19:
think.gif Inspiration headed your way buddy! :smile14:

jimsplace

customtouch said:

I love the carefully worded phrase, "inspiring enough to get me motivated to work on it more" as I know what that means.
One first needs to do the hard part, that being  to, START..

A lot of us understand.

jimsplace

customtouch said:
Technically it would be START........AGAIN!!!! :smile30: :grin:

I have one of those, "START" again boats, I think.
If you count taking it apart as the START, then yes I have one.
It's the START of putting it back together that I need to START again.

73 Sanger Flat

Update on engine .. Something new for 2017 .. Thanks to Galen for helping me on this .. No  more timing chain ..  JJ - I will need your help to make a plate or something to mount the water pump to .. So once it is back in Texas , I will head down to your shop ..

73 Sanger Flat

Yes-  Belt drive -- I am going to need the water inlet adapter for a big block .. Any one have a pair laying around they want to sell .. I can get these at Eddie Marine for 32.00 if they are still in business or CP Performance

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Update on engine .. Something new for 2017 .. Thanks to Galen for helping me on this .. No  more timing chain ..  JJ - I will need your help to make a plate or something to mount the water pump to .. So once it is back in Texas , I will head down to your shop ..

Glad to see you're getting it worked on. Best of luck to you Billy and Hi Galen  jump.gif

Disturbed

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Yes-  Belt drive -- I am going to need the water inlet adapter for a big block .. Any one have a pair laying around they want to sell .. I can get these at Eddie Marine for 32.00 if they are still in business or CP Performance

Did you talk to JJ?  I bet he can make you a couple. 

jimsplace

If you want something done right, JJ is the place to go.
He constantly amazes me with what he know and his abilities.

73 Sanger Flat

jimsplace said:
If you want something done right, JJ is the place to go.
He constantly amazes me with what he know and his abilities.

I agree 100% .. Just tell him what you want and leave him alone and pick it back up when he calls you ..

73 Sanger Flat

Mine is alive .. A big Thanks to Galen and JJ for all the help .. Galen for fixing the engine and JJ for machining all the new stuff for the water pump .. They did an excellent job..
I installed the engine Saturday morning and busted it off about noon , need to change the oil filter and top the oil back off and then do a Hot Valve Lash check and we will be ready .. Oh yeah , I will need to stop and get some 92 Octane gas ..