ARIZONA TRIP

TexasJet

Sunday was not as busy on the river. Went all the way to the dam twice. Drinks at Foxes and on the trailer at dusk.

First pic is the dam separating Lake Havasu from Parker. The Parker part to the river is 14 miles dam to dam.

The pic at Foxes is with some 22 year olds I sat next to. Cool kids with there heads on straight. We did a tequila shot.

Attachments

• 20180610_120724.jpg
    20180610_120724.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180610_182331.jpg
    20180610_182331.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20180610_184736.jpg
    20180610_184736.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 20180610_194515.jpg
    20180610_194515.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28

TexasJet

I'm at 3800 miles and counting. This trip will be well over 5000 miles.

A few things that have caught my eye during all these miles are the number of burn marks on the side of the road. I mean places where something has pulled off the road and burned enough to make a 20' diameter burn spot. I probably saw 15 on my way to Arizona. Second is the amount of tire bits on the side of the road. Every mile you see pieces of tires some small enough to fit in you palm, all different size, up to complete retreads that have come off. Between Phoenix and Havasu I saw three cars off to the side of the road with heavy damage to the left front quarter panel where I guess the tire exploded and took out the panel.

I've been back and forth between Parker and Havasu enough to notice the debris on the side of the road. Cooler covers seem to be the leader. I've seen seat cushions, towels and life jackets. Just about anything that can blow out of a boat I've seen.

Sunday I picked up a nice adult large life vest floating in the center of the river.

Here's a few more pics from the weekend.

There are four main watering holes on the river, Pirate's Den, Sundance Saloon, Foxes and Roadrunner .I like Pirate's Den best because you can park in protected water off the river. The others have these huge orange balls that keep you off the dock but your boat still bounces around alot.

I only stopped at Foxes (supposedly the #1 spot on the river) because it was late Sunday evening and there was not much river traffic.

Attachments

• 20180610_195204.jpg
    20180610_195204.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180610_184903.jpg
    20180610_184903.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180610_183829.jpg
    20180610_183829.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20180610_195151.jpg
    20180610_195151.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180610_181326.jpg
    20180610_181326.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20180610_182409.jpg
    20180610_182409.jpg
    1,016.3 KB · Views: 17

TexasJet

I left the boat in Havasu to have it detailed and a special coating put on the gelcoat. It's from igl coatings and It's a "premium 100% solid hybrid silica coating". Ultimate gloss and shine etc, etc, etc. Sounds impressive. We shall see.

So Friday I drive to Havasu, pick up the boat then back down to Parker to cross the river to the California side to drive down to Blythe. About 5 hours total drive time. Oh well, it's my last trip before I head home.

I'm posting this now in case I don't get a chance this weekend. Monday I drive back to Phoenix and Tuesday I drive to Fort Stockton Texas. Wednesday I drive to College Station. An that's it. I'm having a great time but ready to go home.

Crusader

Amazing photos and I can see why you venture back there each year. Thank you for the photos and updates!

TexasJet

Crusader said:
Amazing photos and I can see why you venture back there each year. Thank you for the photos and updates!

I'm glad you enjoy them. Put this place on your "bucket list". You won't be disappointed!!! Sunday afternoon I was anchored about 50' behind a wakeboard boat with a stripper pole. It was better than TV and no commercials. I didn't take any pics cause I didn't want to cause any trouble.

Drumzilla

Glad you had a good one because usually the woman dancing on the pole should NOT be on the pole..  and that goes with thong bikinis too...
                                                                    ......:smile26:

oldbuck40

TexasJet said:
Crusader said:

I'm glad you enjoy them. Put this place on your "bucket list". You won't be disappointed!!! Sunday afternoon I was anchored about 50' behind a wakeboard boat with a stripper pole. It was better than TV and no commercials. I didn't take any pics cause I didn't want to cause any trouble.
Im calling BS on this Jeff! I think we know you better then that :smile30:

TexasJet

No, really. I thought about it but I was pretty close to the back of the boat and couldn't take any without being noticed. No one else in the surrounding boats took any either. I watched for over 1 hour and it was quite a show.

oldbuck40

TexasJet said:
No, really. I thought about it but I was pretty close to the back of the boat and couldn't take any without being noticed. No one else in the surrounding boats took any either. I watched for over 1 hour and it was quite a show.
So what your saying is your train of thought derailed! HAHAHAHA Don't blame ya buddy. :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:
[/quote]So what your saying is your train of thought derailed! HAHAHAHA Don't blame ya buddy. :smile17:
Exactly what I was thinking! clap.gif clap.gif

TexasJet

Yesterday was 111 degrees at least. But dry heat!!! Today and tomorrow mid  90's with rain chance. They are entering the "monsoon season " . Supposed  to be beautiful in Blythe the whole weekend.  Off to Havasu to pick up the boat.

TexasJet

Back in Phoenix today. Everyone else had to work Monday.

Top pic is Rob and his brother Matt. They are the reason I come out to Blythe. We cook all our meals together and hang out all day on the river. He was my guide when I first came out because the river was 4' lower than this weekend. I usually bring something for one dinner at least. This year I brought 5 lbs of jumbo shrimp and a large bottle of Gentleman Jack for evening cocktails.

Matt, and some of the other campers, rent their site by the year. He has quite a neat setup with canopys for the his and Matt's boat. Two golf carts for tooling around the park and going down to the beach at the Cove. I first me them last Spring when I brought the Baja out. He's into older boats.

The second pic is of Allen. He lives there full time and has a pool service business in the area. He has lip cancer and to remove it would be very disfiguring. He has decided not to have any surgery and will eventually die from the cancer. He is drunk by 10 AM every day. Vodka and sprite I think.

Third pic is 5 lbs of shrimp on the griddle. Six ribeyes just came off the charcoal grill. Not a bad dinner for campers.

Forth pic is some of the boats down near MacIntire Park.

Last pic is Aylia and Parker. Both are Matt's kids. Parker got to drive the CP last fall and the vidio is on Utube or Facebook. I don't have a FB account so I've only seen it on a phone. Matt said it's been seen by a lot of people and ALL of Parker's buddies.

Attachments

• 20180616_201222.jpg
    20180616_201222.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • 20180615_192123.jpg
    20180615_192123.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 20180616_201214.jpg
    20180616_201214.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20180616_125145.jpg
    20180616_125145.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 20180615_192334.jpg
    20180615_192334.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29

TexasJet

Patchman said:
So did the rest of that plug go into the cylinder? :smile20:

No, it stayed screwed into the plug hole. Nothing went into the cylinder. Drop in a new plug and off we went. Naturally checked all the plugs. 6 of 8 were loose to some degree. Decided to check the valve cover bolts and header bolts. Most valve cover bolts were loose and one header bolt was laying in the bottom of the bilge.  :smile26:

I'm now at 4500+ miles.

TexasJet

Saturday the river was as high as I've seen it. We launched and went down river to MacIntire Park where the SoCaljetboat event was being held. Normally we are in knee to waist deep water. This year it was chest deep, or more in some spots. From the I10 bridge down to MacIntire was very busy. 30 mph most of the way. Lots of wake board boats and jet skis. Ugh!!!!

Later in the day we went North of I10 to "Jungle Beach" which is normally got a huge sand bar. No sand bar this time but calf deep water. Put the boats on the trailers about 5:30 and started dinner.

TexasJet

Today i'm going to check the trailer tires and bearings. Rest up, and load up the truck. I'll get up around 5 AM tomorrow and be on the road no later than 7. It's a 9 hour drive to Fort Stockton but I loose 2 hours with the time change. That makes it 11 hours on the clock. Fort Stockton to College Station is only 6 hours so I should be there Wednesday before 3 PM.

I plan on having the CP on Somerville Saturday or Sunday. I don't know which day yet.