Aftermarket BBC blocks

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I see where on injected engines, they have good luck with it. Doesn't appear to be nearly as challenging as carbs! I know that doesn't answer your question though! :evil:

73 Sanger Flat

Just make sure you run a big fuel pump. I messed mine up for lack of fuel,but it was natural aspirated. Jim runs carbs and had very good luck on his blown 540 with the 14/71 blower with carbs

jimsplace

Patchman said:
I see where on injected engines, they have good luck with it. Doesn't appear to be nearly as challenging as carbs! I know that doesn't answer your question though! :evil:

Why would e85 be less challenging with injectors than with carbs?
    :smile17:

Bert88

I run e85 on blown injected sbc and I love it !! I was running alcohol before and seems to be about the same performance except for way cheaper!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
jimsplace said:
Patchman said:

Because of fuel system design, and the ease of setting an accurate fuel curve that is monitored by electronics! That's why manufacturers include fuel sensors that can detect E-85 and switch the tune for dual fuel cars! :smile30:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
jimsplace said:
Patchman said:

Because of fuel system design, and the ease of setting an accurate fuel curve that is monitored by electronics! That's why manufacturers include fuel sensors that can detect E-85 and switch the tune for dual fuel cars! :smile30:

This has nothing to do with EFI.  This is Mechanical fuel injection.  Enderle....... 

Disturbed

Bert88 said:
I run e85 on blown injected sbc and I love it !! I was running alcohol before and seems to be about the same performance except for way cheaper!

So, did you have this set up for methanol prior to converting to E85?  I think it would be nice to be able to run alcohol without all the headache of Methanol.  Going to the lake every weekend and having to change the oil once a week would get old real quick. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot! Defaulting back to the car world! Well it is easier to replace one jet rather than 4 or 8! :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

Tim---They can set it up for E-85 when you purchase the system from Edderle, I would have them calibrate it for you and flow test it .. Then it would be just a matter of fine tuning it , the tuning window is a lot bigger with E-85 than gas also ..I agree , changing oil ever weekend out would suck and be expensive .. Plus having to drain the system and then fog it with WD-40 every time sucks also , unless you run some race gas through it before you shut it down for the weekend .. Of course just setting on the trailer .. You will need to rig up a primer system also .. That would be a sweet  set up ..

Disturbed

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Tim---They can set it up for E-85 when you purchase the system from Edderle, I would have them calibrate it for you and flow test it .. Then it would be just a matter of fine tuning it , the tuning window is a lot bigger with E-85 than gas also ..I agree , changing oil ever weekend out would suck and be expensive .. Plus having to drain the system and then fog it with WD-40 every time sucks also , unless you run some race gas through it before you shut it down for the weekend .. Of course just setting on the trailer .. You will need to rig up a primer system also .. That would be a sweet  set up ..

I would definitely get the good folks at Enderle to set it up.  I was just hoping to find out if anyone around here has done this already and how they like it.  Looks like Bert88 has already done it and likes it so, I may go that route.  This is gonna be interesting to say the least! 

jump.gif

Disturbed

Patchman said:
I forgot! Defaulting back to the car world! Well it is easier to replace one jet rather than 4 or 8! :smile30:

How about the best of the best?  :smile13: :smile13: :smile13: :smile13:

http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/store/fuel-injection-electronic-c-22_50.html  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That article says you wont milk the oil if you use the shutoff cable properly! Use it as a restrictor until you are ready to make a pass! I guess they run too much fuel pressure to idle very long! think.gif

73 Sanger Flat

E-85 is 85% Ethanol and 15% Gas  Dam stuff smells like Moonshine with a splash of gas in it ..  :smile28:
I tested mine every time I bough E-85 at the pump and all of mine was at 90% Ethanol..
Buy a tester , it is cheap , 15 buck or 20 .. All it is a glass test tube that is marked , fill to a certain line with E-85 add water , shake it and wait a minute and you can see the difference in the water and alcohol then .. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that going with mechanical injection and E-85 would be a little more reliable than an E-85 carb setup. I guess you could ad the cylinder lube to it as well. Testing the fuel sounds like a good idea! You never know how long it has been sitting in that tank! :smile30:

Disturbed

So, will E85 do well under the same cylinder pressures that Methanol would? 

I wanting to know if building this engine with blown alky pistons would be ok.  think.gif

Chevy2184

I would give them a call? They were super knowledgeable guys? And I know they do sell a progressive type linkage for their setup that is more boat friendly?