Aftermarket BBC blocks

Disturbed

I'm looking at Merlin III vs. Sportsman Big M.

Anyone have any preferences over the other and if so, why?  Thanks!

Knotty Girl

I have some ideas  :smile16: get ready to drop a lot of  :smile13: :smile13: :smile13:  jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

Disturbed

This project will be in baby steps.  Step one: develop a plan.  Step two: earn enough money to purchase a block.

horsepower junkie

When we were working on Cody's, before he sent it Scott. Cody made a commit about the Merlin saying he wished he had a Dart block, something about the deck and oiling.  think.gif

jdeaton

No Patch, Your thinking of the Cody that wants to go slow, This is the Cody that wants to go Fast. :smile30:

turboed-tx-20

I've bought 2 dart blocks.They didn't need any machining on the decks,(i did have them decked to get the proper finish), or the mains.I talked to my machinist about the dart and merlin.He said the merlin was cheaper but he said on the average needed more machine work,also said the dart has better oiling system(not sure what that means),has a higher nickel content and is just a nicer casting. I'd call the machinist you use and ask him.If he isn't familiar with aftermarket blocks i'd find one that is.
Then go with the dart.  :grin:

Disturbed

I just aint gonna drop the coin on the Billet piece.  bling.gif :smile13: :smile13: :smile13:

That's all Knotty......