Aftermarket BBC blocks

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
ChryslerJet said:
Duanehydro said:
damn high rollers...I'm just looking for a 4 bolt block in decent shape...lol
I just wanna get out on the water this year.  Ya'll are too rich for my blood.
We want you on the water this year. You have about 37 days left! Chop chop! :smile30:

Disturbed

Duanehydro said:

Not really high rollin.  Just want to build a bottom-end that might take some punishment.    :smile17:  It's gonna take a while but,....... it will happen.  :smile30:

EOSpeed

DUCTILE CAPS 1897.78 STEEL CAPS 2248.65 STEEL CAP BLOCK COMES WITH CAM BEARINGS, FREEZE PLUGS  AND DOWELS. TAKE A SPECIAL CAM BEARING. COMPSTAR CRANK 780.00. RODS 592.00 THEY HAVE L19 BOLTS. HOW BIG OF A MOTOR DO YOU WANT TO BUILD?
                                                                                :smile17:

EOSpeed

I AM BUILDING ME A 540. COMPSTAR CRANK , RODS AND JE PISTONS. 10.2 BLOCK 4.25 STROKE 4.5 BORE AND 6.8 LONG ROD. PISTON HAS A 1.270 PIN HEIGHT. A PAIR OF 475 BW TURBOS. JUST NEED MORE MONEY. HAVE BLOCK PISTONS AND HEADS. IT A START. CRANK AND RODS ARE NEXT. IF I LIVE THAT LONG.
                                                                      :smile17:

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
ChryslerJet said:
Duanehydro said:
I just wanna get out on the water this year.  Ya'll are too rich for my blood.
We want you on the water this year. You have about 37 days left! Chop chop! :smile30:
I counted 2014 as over already.  Was meaning 2015.  Vdrive is closest to being ready.  I am just gonna throw a motor together and let it ride.

Tim good luck with the build. 

Dry Dock

I posed question to a friend who manages one a nationally known engine building and machine shop and  businesses. I will not identify the place but you have all heard and know of them.  His response is as I thought it would be.

"Dart has the finest blocks available. Not to say that the Merlin III blocks are not a good foundation for a BBC build, they just aren't the same level of quality as the Dart. Both have features which are a vast improvement over OEM such as priority main oiling configuration, additional head bolt locations, superior material, etc. I have been to Dart's facility in Troy, Mi. and also to their machining center where the preliminary procedures are performed to the raw castings from the foundry and can attest to the commitment they have to producing the best high performance components on the market. My personal experience utilizing Dart products in all manner of big and small block Chevrolet and small block Ford applications have always produced positive results with the Dart pieces performing to the expected levels and beyond. "