9th annual Rocking the Cove August 22, 2015

Devilman

John said:
Here's the deal everything is closed on the lake except welch right now, rocky is shut down till September 30th, and big creek (forget about it), according to the corps site, yegua is still  only closed till the 30th of this month, now I called the lady at the the lake office, and she said they would know about yegua for a while till things got uncovered by the water. bottom line is my reservations haven't been canceled yet, so im going to proceed as planned, if yall want to do something at canyon I might show up.

Thanks for the update. Figure I'd wait till maybe a week before the deal before making any moves regarding my spot. May not be an issue by then. Or, the lake could flood again so who knows, lol...

hungry

What ever happened to the Bay City get together?  If memory serves correctly, it was a Memorial Day deal.  I have always wanted to go back down there since I went one time with John and Amy, just need a good excuse to road trip it again.

Devilman

Just got a call & an email from recreation.gov concerning Yegua.. Says all campsite reservations #1-#41 have been cancelled & full refunds given for the month of August 1 through Sept. 30. Guess that takes care of that...

Devilman

John & Jeff had said all the parks/ramps were closed, but Jeff did say they launched at Welch just by backing into the water off one of the park roads. But needed 4 wheel drive to pull them back out. Saw a video the other day by some guy in an airboat riding around out there, was crazy how high the water still was. I'll see if I can find it.

pro53

I got on the Texas Parks and Wildlife of Somerville Facebook page, asked if any boat ramps were open yesterday, They replied no ramps open

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what's crazier, the fact that Somerville is closed, or the fact that George actually wants to go boating! crazy.gif Maybe he is taking advantage of this opportunity to appease his wife, I'm sorry honey I really really want to take you boating, butt the lake is closed so we will have to stay home and work on cars! :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :evil:

pro53

Patchman said:
I don't know what's crazier, the fact that Somerville is closed, or the fact that George actually wants to go boating! crazy.gif Maybe he is taking advantage of this opportunity to appease his wife, I'm sorry honey I really really want to take you boating, butt the lake is closed so we will have to stay home and work on cars! :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :smile28: :evil:

Yea Go figure, finally want to go boating, and my lake I go to is close  :rolleyes: