9th annual Rocking the Cove August 22, 2015

Disturbed

John said:
wow SDBA used to be a one weekend a month type deal, august has only one weekend open in august this year.  :smile13: :smile13:

yall will need to save money for wheatland anyways

Nah..  Henry has plenty!  jump.gif jump.gif

farmo83

Provided there are no more floods, does this event have a decent chance of going off with the lake conditions ?

TexasJet

Lake Levels . com says Somerville is 13' above full pool. I think it's higher than that. 20' is at the top of the spillway and the water is not 7' below the top.

There is no launch ramp open on the lake. We launched on a piece of asphalt at Welch that happens to be at the water's edge now. It's part of a road that leads to picnic tables and barbecue pits now under water.

Big Creek marina is gone completely. The store at the top of the hill at Big Creek is gutted. The park is still completely flooded.

You can see some of the trees that have been in the water for a time are starting to die.

It don't think any of the parks will be open this summer. The electrical and sewer and pump out stations are all trashed in Rocky and Yegua. We stopped at Yegua and got out and were told not to set foot on the land. The park is closed and no one is allowed in.

On a positive note, the lake is remarkably clear for Somerville. You can see your feet when in hip deep water.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Man that is sad to hear about Somerville. I was looking forward to hitting that lake a little more this year! Ain't gonna happen now! :smile25:

TexasJet

Patch, if your truck is 4 wheel drive you can launch on the patch of asphalt at Welch. Some big ski boats were putting in but all the trucks had 4 WD. And they needed it to retrieve at the end of the day.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I have been wanting to fix one of my 4x4. I guess now is a good time to do it. think.gif

Devilman

Was thinking the other day about calling to check on status of the park, was hoping it was far enough away that it would be in good shape by August. Sounds like some cancellations may be in the works.

TexasJet

I think back when the lake first flooded out the parks all reservations were cancelled. I know I had one for Rockin'.... and just checked and it doesn't show I have any reservations.

Devilman

TexasJet said:
I think back when the lake first flooded out the parks all reservations were cancelled. I know I had one for Rockin'.... and just checked and it doesn't show I have any reservations.

They credit your card back? I was looking on the website too & it shows that none are available, but no explanation as to why. Guess I'll check the bank register, that should tell the tale. I wonder if they will waive the $10.00 cancellation fee.
idea_2.gif

*edit*

I logged into Recreation.gov & it still shows I have a paid up reservation. I also skipped ahead on the schedule to August & it shows available sites as well. Will have to check further I suppose.

Don

I received a call from recreation.gov my spots have been canceled and my card has been credited
they said the park may not reopen until October

Devilman

Don said:
I received a call from recreation.gov my spots have been canceled and my card has been credited
they said the park may not reopen until October

This was for spots at Rocky Creek or Yegua?