67 Carlson V-Drive Race boat restoration

ChryslerJet

soldier of fortune said:
did you find a intake?
Not yet, still working on some possibilities.  I have my 383 intake and I can make some spacers to make it work, I can make a sheetmetal tunnel ram or I have located a couple of tunnel rams for 250-350 + shipping out of state.  I can also always use the stock cast iron manifold to start with and get it running if I have too.

customtouch

Knotty said:
Wind blowing into the camera at 50mph sure makes it looks and sound fast  think.gif

Let me clarify my statement. When I said it actually runs, I meant it floats and functions not "it runs" as in it is fast!!!!  :smile30:  However,  I will venture to guess that 50mph in that hull design does feel like 75mph!!!!  :grin:

ChryslerJet

customtouch said:
Here is one that actually runs!

http://youtu.be/ihqs5TUYFCY
I know the guy on Iboats and Facebook and been in communication with him.  He has a big block chevy with a velvet drive and has the 4 seater version with 2 rear facing seats.  I asked him to post a pic or vid of it aired out to see how well it looks but it is hard to see it on this video.

BTW David the front and rear plates that JJ has are for this boat.  Bought them from a guy in Hugo had him pass them on to JJ at the Whitney Races.