New day cruiser project

Last Mohecian

Administrator
UPDATE:  I have added a PDF that I am tracking all costs of this project.  I will update it periodically.  I am documenting all costs other than gas.  If I bought a tool specifically for this project it is included.  if you are interested you can download it here.

http://ifixsolutions.com/misc/boat/sleekcraft/Ambassador/AmbassadorCost.pdf

25' 76 Sleek Craft Ambassador.  It needs a lot of work but it will be pimp when it is done. It still has the faux fur ceiling and fridge in the cabin. I think the wood grain and white part of the gel will clean up pretty well.

The good
* Floor is solid
* YJ pump has already been converted
* Hydraulic diverter
* All original and everything is there.
* Got it for a song

The Bad
* It is freakin filthy
* Interior is completely shot
* flake part of the gel is pretty faded

(Thunbs are clickable)

Blender Man

great project, have fun  Try some 2000 water paper and then buff it to see if the jel will come back....... :smile30:

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Texas Whaler said:
Sweet!! Did you just pick this up yesterday or is it one you're just looking at??

It's mine.  Paid in full & I have the title.  Right now it is out at Brent's (Over Bored).  The trailer needs air in the tires and I'm sure the light don't work.  It was a lot closer to take it to his house yesterday.  The plan is to go drag it my house tonight.

jethro

That thing will be pimp.  Was that boat in Wiley, over by Collin Marina? 

:smile17:

Last Mohecian

Administrator
jethro said:

Yes sir.  I believe that is actually St. Paul.  All that looking and it was pretty much right in my back yard.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Patchman said:
Sweet, congrats on the find! Keep the pics and progress flowing! :smile16:

Thanks.  Dawn and I are both pretty excited about it.  Plenty of pics will be coming.  I'm going to try to be better about documenting the resto on this one.

Devilman

I see you scored yourself a cruiser, nice! it has a fridge in it, thats cool...  :grin: get it, cool, lol... :cheesy:

So does that beast run?

77Jet Star

Last Mohican said:
Patchman said:

Thanks.  Dawn and I are both pretty excited about it.  Plenty of pics will be coming.  I'm going to try to be better about documenting the resto on this one.
Wow  looks like a cool project.I know Patchman really enjoys his daycruiser.Good Luck with the rebuild    :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
JETSTAR said:
Last Mohican said:
Patchman said:

Wow  looks like a cool project.I know Patchman really enjoys his daycruiser.Good Luck with the rebuild    :smile16:
Day cruisers are groovy! :smile30:

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Devilman said:
I see you scored yourself a cruiser, nice! it has a fridge in it, thats cool...  :grin: get it, cool, lol... :cheesy:

So does that beast run?

LOL.  Nice one.  The guy I bought it from swears it will run.  I didn't even try.  It is obviously the original Olds 455. There was no battery in it.  A new hydraulic diverter costs what I paid for the whole boat so even if it didn't run I was still going to buy it.

Devilman

Last Mohican said:
LOL.  Nice one.  The guy I bought it from swears it will run.  I didn't even try.  It is obviously the original Olds 455. There was no battery in it.  A new hydraulic diverter costs what I paid for the whole boat so even if it didn't run I was still going to buy it.

Haha, sweet, thats what I'm talkin about.... Thats gonnna be a fun project, got any pics of the interior? Is there seats in there or what. And the fridge, that thing gonna be functional, that would be pretty badass. :grin:

Blender Man

Make it really groove, fill the hole were the pump is and make a V drive out it like Rockey's and it would  Run...... :smile27:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Blender Man said:
Make it really groove, fil the hole were the pump is and make a V drive out it like Rockey's and it would  Run...... :smile27:
What are you trying to say? :smile21: :huh:

jethro

Last Mohican said:
jethro said:

Yes sir.  I believe that is actually St. Paul.  All that looking and it was pretty much right in my back yard.

I looked at that boat before I purchased mine.  It is in good shape, just needs new interior and some elbow grease.  The hull looked to be in really good shape.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
jethro said:
Last Mohican said:
jethro said:

I looked at that boat before I purchased mine.  It is in good shape, just needs new interior and some elbow grease.  The hull looked to be in really good shape.

LOL.  Really.  Yeah Lots of elbow grease.  Did he give you a price?

jethro

Last Mohican said:
jethro said:
Last Mohican said:
jethro said:

I didn't get that far with him.  I knew that I did not have the time to invest into the refurbishment.

LOL.  Really.  Yeah Lots of elbow grease.  Did he give you a price?

jethro

I screwed up on the quote text.  I didn't get that far with him.  I knew I didn't have the time to invest into the refurbishment.  By the way my number is 904-521-4452.