Patchmans Whacker!

customtouch

Patchman said:
There are 6 or 7 bolts that hold the two halves of the lower unit together. It looks like at least three of them are broke! I did notice that there are some bolts where the lower whole lower unit bolts up to the motor, mite be able to separate them there if I have no luck with the extraction. I'll know soon.  think.gif

I can get the two halves apart for you if you want. You just need the right tool!!  :smile30: :grin:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 28

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
Patchman said:
There are 6 or 7 bolts that hold the two halves of the lower unit together. It looks like at least three of them are broke! I did notice that there are some bolts where the lower whole lower unit bolts up to the motor, mite be able to separate them there if I have no luck with the extraction. I'll know soon.  think.gif

I can get the two halves apart for you if you want. You just need the right tool!!  :smile30: :grin:
Would you do that for me? :smile21: :smile21: :smile21: :smile21:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
Post some pictures.
I'll try to get some pics tonight. I'm hoping the penetrating oil has soaked in and I can separate the two halves now! crazy.gif

customtouch

Patchman said:
customtouch said:
Patchman said:

Would you do that for me? :smile21: :smile21: :smile21: :smile21:

What are friends for!!  :smile17:

Disturbed

If you drill the heads off, how much of the shaft will be exposed once you get the two pieces apart?  think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
All the good bolts are out. I think corrosion or old age is holding everything together at this point. I'll weld a nut on the remaining stud if there is anything left. if not, then it will be drill and tap/ heli-coil.  think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
Are you running for a political office?  You dodged the question like a pro!  crazy.gif
I don't have to drill any heads off, they look like they twisted off pretty good already.  :smile30:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:
Are you running for a political office?  You dodged the question like a pro!  crazy.gif
I don't have to drill any heads off, they look like they twisted off pretty good already.  :smile30:

Either way, how much of the bolt's shaft will be exposed after the head is no longer attached?  Mr. President......  :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
The two halves still aren't separated! I have a very small gap that opened up, but I haven't wanted to tear anything up yet prying it apart. Then I had to switch gears and build a cat condo! The wife thinks the outdoor cat of 12 years needs a better living quarters. crazy.gif

Devilman

Whatcha using? Transmission fluid with some acetone mixed in supposed to work pretty good as a penetrant. Not sure how it would work on the corroded aluminum.